Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Minnesota Autumn >

Minnesota Autumn

Minnesota Autumn

Old 09-17-2009, 02:45 AM

I am new here and I just saw a picture of your dog. How sweet. Her ears are just like our dog, Bess! Same coloring. What kind of dog is she? Bess is a Pointer/Lab (we call her a breed, they should be a breed - both for pheasant and ducks - webbed feet, points like a real champion! The only problem is - she has never been hunting - we are city folk - my husband doesn't hunt anymore and we love Bess dearly, so she points rabbits, squirrels and moths. She will stand on point until either the rabbit runs or the moth flits from one place to another. If she catches it (the moth) she has had her protein for the day. If she doesn't, she just find another one. One time she caught one, looked very surprised, opened her mouth, and it flew away. That is our Bess. She is 6-1/2 now, and is a very good companion to us two old fogies. I have to figure out how to do the picture thing so I can put some of my quilts on and also a few of Bess. I also would like to put a few pictures of my sister's work on. She is in the process of doing a crazy quilt, but embellishing it also. She is on her fifth block and she cuts out weird pieces of fabric and then she sews on lace, or ribbon, buttons, they are beautiful. She made a whole quilt - Chinese Coin) by hand, no machine. Her husband helped her cut out the 2x4 squares and she put them in her "cookie" can and it went wherever she went and if she felt like sewing on her quilt everything was right there. I use a machine.

Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you that you have a sweet dog. Edie
Old 09-17-2009, 02:45 AM

Very pretty.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:53 AM

That's so nice!! Perfect timing for the season!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 AM

Very nice. Great fall colors. :D
Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 AM

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it. I think I may have used that same or similar pattern from Connecting Threads last year but mine has a couple Cardinal's on it??? Love your fabric choices and really like the quilted leaves in the borders and sashing. Good job.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
I am new here and I just saw a picture of your dog. How sweet. Her ears are just like our dog, Bess! Same coloring. What kind of dog is she? Bess is a Pointer/Lab (we call her a breed, they should be a breed - both for pheasant and ducks - webbed feet, points like a real champion! The only problem is - she has never been hunting - we are city folk - my husband doesn't hunt anymore and we love Bess dearly, so she points rabbits, squirrels and moths. She will stand on point until either the rabbit runs or the moth flits from one place to another. If she catches it (the moth) she has had her protein for the day. If she doesn't, she just find another one. One time she caught one, looked very surprised, opened her mouth, and it flew away. That is our Bess. She is 6-1/2 now, and is a very good companion to us two old fogies. I have to figure out how to do the picture thing so I can put some of my quilts on and also a few of Bess. I also would like to put a few pictures of my sister's work on. She is in the process of doing a crazy quilt, but embellishing it also. She is on her fifth block and she cuts out weird pieces of fabric and then she sews on lace, or ribbon, buttons, they are beautiful. She made a whole quilt - Chinese Coin) by hand, no machine. Her husband helped her cut out the 2x4 squares and she put them in her "cookie" can and it went wherever she went and if she felt like sewing on her quilt everything was right there. I use a machine.

Anyhow, I just wanted to tell you that you have a sweet dog. Edie

Finnigan is a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog). He loves to herd ... people. He rounds up everyone at a gathering and keeps making circles around them until they are in one clump. Innate behaviour I guess!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. When I am sitting at the sewing machine I am often thinking about the advice that I've received from many of you as my skills have improved. Reading the posts here really have helped.

What a great group we have here!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:40 PM

Beautiful. Love the colors. :D :D
Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Oh yes! Love the fall quilt and you did a great job of the quilting designs. Perfect all the way around. Just perfect.