Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Mission 31 adult round take 2 >

Mission 31 adult round take 2

Mission 31 adult round take 2

Old 12-21-2021, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Wow, all are gorgeous quilts! I am in love with the scrappy red one! Is there a name/pattern for that design please?
Old 12-21-2021, 09:31 AM

Thanks for the eye candy.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Wow, all are gorgeous quilts! I am in love with the scrappy red one! Is there a name/pattern for that design please?
Thank you for your compliments. I had to do some digging but I was able to find where I got this block from. The block is from a book called "5,500 Quilt Block Designs", it is block 2675 - called Spinning Star. I have never seen a pattern for it anywhere. I used my quilt program to recreate the block in the book to layout the block and quilt to the size I wanted. Mine has a 2" center square, 4 sub-squares that measure 5 x 7 to finish the overall block size at 12". I modified some of the blocks to create the cross in the center of the quilt. It is kind of hard to see in the photo as the blue I used in this quilt is very light. If you would like some help with this block, send me a PM and I will help you out in any way I can.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:14 AM

Wow! beautiful work!! I hope you are keeping some of these for yourself. They are all explosive in presentation. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:22 AM

Everyone is just beautiful! What wonderful gifts. I appreciate your description of the red and white pattern. If it’s too much, could you also give us the name of #1 and #3 pattern? Thank you and have a nice Christmas.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

They all turned out beautifully. I mainly do FMQ because I love it and love doing it.
Old 01-02-2022, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Wow, what beautiful quilts! I just looked at your other post as well. Bravo!
Old 01-02-2022, 07:33 AM

Your quilts are all really beautiful. I wonder do you happen to remember what the fabric you used in the black and gray quilt are? I am making quilts for boys and that’s the predominant color I’m using with an accent. Love the texture in those fabrics.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Your quilts are all really beautiful. I wonder do you happen to remember what the fabric you used in the black and gray quilt are? I am making quilts for boys and that’s the predominant color I’m using with an accent. Love the texture in those fabrics.
HI Ariannaquilts - They are from the Michael Miller Coco Coco quilts. Looks like fabric.com has some available on their website. I used Dove Blue, Slate & Smoke in my quilt because they played well with the dragonfly fabric I used in that quilt.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 01-02-2022 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Maureen NJ View Post
Everyone is just beautiful! What wonderful gifts. I appreciate your description of the red and white pattern. If it’s too much, could you also give us the name of #1 and #3 pattern? Thank you and have a nice Christmas.
HI Maureen, Pattern #1 and #2 (turned on point) were both made with the Maltese Star block. And pattern #3 was a modified version of the 54-40 Block. I used a nine patch in the corners (instead of a four patch) with a modified corner block to create the pinwheels. I can help you will the pattern if you'd like. PM me anytime.