Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
More of my Stuff >

More of my Stuff

More of my Stuff

Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 AM

Scarlett
I live in Newfoundland, Canada. That photo was taken on the West coast of the island back in October when my boyfriend and I went to Gros Morne National Park. This area of the park is very beautiful. We are hiking around whats called The Tablelands. When all the continents were one millions and millions of years ago (geez I know the name of this... starts with a P.... grrrr losing my anthropology lingo) anyway, this part of the island would have once been part of Africa before it pulled away. The geology in this area is amazing. This photo was taken on the first hill of many we hiked that day to the coast line. it was a 5 hour hike in total. Trevor and I are hoping to get out there again this summer (its an 8 hour drive from where we live) to do some camping and lots more hiking. Below are a few more photos from that hike

my avatar photo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1160[/ATTACH]

At the top and about to head to the ocean coastline behind us.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1315[/ATTACH]

On the Way to the Tablelands and Green Gardens Hiking Trail.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1385[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-1160.jpe   attachment-1315.jpe   attachment-1385.jpe  
Old 02-29-2008, 08:16 AM

a couple more for ya!

ok.. me being silly doing my Karate Kid impression!! HEY the piece of drift wood was there.. I couldnt' resist!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1808[/ATTACH]

sitting on the rocks enjoying the water and the amazing scenery behind me. I climbed the Tablelands one year.. it was fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1986[/ATTACH]

my sweetie!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2052[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-1808.jpe   attachment-1986.jpe   attachment-2052.jpe  
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 AM

Aggi. Love the pics! I think "Pangaea" is the term you are (almost) thinking of.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
Aggi. Love the pics! I think "Pangaea" is the term you are (almost) thinking of.
Yep the very word!! thank you!!! I can go about my day much better now. hate when you have a word on the tip of your tongue and just cant' get that sucker out!!!
Whew!!

Cheers
Andrea
Old 02-29-2008, 06:16 PM

Scarlett do you intend to do quilting for others? I need some one, I have been diagnosed with Glaucoma and I can no longer hand quilt for hour at a time. Helen aka MOMIDOL1
Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 AM

I love the pictures, the scenry is awesome....and of course I love your impression of karate Kid and his stand.....I love that movie..
you look like you do have a "sweetie" there. He must be a keeper...
Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture with me, and others.....very nice indeed.
Are there any wedding bells in the future with you and your fellow?? you both look like a real nice couple.. The inquiries wants to know. lol
Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 AM

hello Monidol,
I am really getting it for my personal use, but I am sure once that I get the machine I will be doing quilting for others. In fact there are two ladies already found out that I am buying the machine already wants me to do their quilts, so , Yes I am probably going to be doing quilting for others... I am exciting about getting it, my hands are getting awfully sore and one thumb has become deformed and I really don't know how much longer I can hand quilt. but I love hand quilting........and the other thumb and wrist is sore all of the time....so that is really why I am getting the machine... I love quilting so much I didn't want to haft to stop all together.....
If you are interested in me doing your quilts I would love too. just send me your email address and we can get together on it.
I will not be getting the machine until sometime in april..
where do you live? I live in arkansas
Old 03-01-2008, 11:37 AM

Great pictures, Aggi. I, too, like the Karate Kid pose. You and your honey look like you enjoy life to the fullest...good for you. Your pictures make me want to travel to that area of the world...never been there but your pictures make it an inviting travel destination.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:40 AM

Aggi, too bad you don't make gorgeous quilts... :lol: :lol:

Wow, your quilts are beautiful and I love the sewing machine cover. Think I might have to try to make a couple of those covers for my serger and my New Home. Thanks for sharing your splendid work. I'm very inspired.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by scarlett686_
I love the pictures, the scenry is awesome....and of course I love your impression of karate Kid and his stand.....I love that movie..
you look like you do have a "sweetie" there. He must be a keeper...
Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture with me, and others.....very nice indeed.
Are there any wedding bells in the future with you and your fellow?? you both look like a real nice couple.. The inquiries wants to know. lol
yes he is a real sweetie and a keeper!!! As for wedding bells, none that I hear as of yet... but who knows what the future may bring!! :) I will keep you posted if things in that department advance :)

hee hee Trevor put the camera on 'continuous' photos are took a bunch of photos of me doing my Karate kid kick!!! it was fun!!! We do have our silly moments, but then you would too after half way through an uphill rugged hike and come across the beautiful ocean scenery as we did.. we played around on the beach for over an hour before heading back on the trail and to the cabin.