Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
MSQC-Double Square Star >

MSQC-Double Square Star

MSQC-Double Square Star

Old 06-09-2020, 09:04 AM

Default MSQC-Double Square Star

Hi Quilters! This is a Double Sq Star from Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. I added a scalloped border, my first try to make one. I know it's not perfect and not a deep scallop, but I didn't want it to look exactly like half a circle, nor just a wave. Also, I know this goes against all we have been taught or told, but I cut my binding the length of my backing yardage, not on a bias. Jenny told us to clip at our points and make it lie straight when sewing at points. She can explain it better than me. Anyway, I had already cut my binding when my friend Martha suggested the scallop edge. I told her I didn't have any material left to cut a bias binding, when she reminded us about our class with Jenny using straight edge. I do have three pleats or pinches on back when I quilted that I do I need to fix, but I'm close to finish!-lol-About time too since I made this top last year.
Attached Thumbnails double-square-star-msqc.jpg   double-square-star-back-msqc.jpg   double-square-star-queen-bed-msqc.jpg  
Old 06-09-2020, 09:26 AM

Looks great!
Old 06-09-2020, 09:27 AM

Very pretty!....and I love the border!. I'm going to have to go get a lesson from Jenny!
Old 06-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

I think the scalloped border looks great. Beautiful quilt, quilting and colors. Great work.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Well done and it looks great on your bed!
Old 06-09-2020, 12:54 PM

That's a beautiful quilt & I love the scallops. I'm working on a quilt right now & thinking of stippling like yours. If that's the way I decide to quilt it I sure hope it turns out just half as good as yours. Great quilt, quilting & color combos. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I think the scalloped border looks great. Beautiful quilt, quilting and colors. Great work.
The fabric were charm packs Maywood Studio, Roses on the Vine by Marti Michell.i also used some yardage like border from Joanns and burgundy was from my stash. Thanks for looking!
Old 06-09-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
That's a beautiful quilt & I love the scallops. I'm working on a quilt right now & thinking of stippling like yours. If that's the way I decide to quilt it I sure hope it turns out just half as good as yours. Great quilt, quilting & color combos. Thanks for sharing it with us.
I’m sure yours will be great. I love quilting like this, it’s so relaxing if it’s not too big of a quilt. I always start dead center but I pin, pin pin first. Thanks for looking!
Old 06-09-2020, 01:50 PM

So pretty! The scalloped edge is lovely.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Very nicely done!