Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My $15 Craig's list find

Blog Entries
    I found a box of Singer attachments advertised for $15 on CL when I was checking out garage sales yesterday - but was a little dismayed to see the listing was 2 weeks old. It did say if the listing was still there they were still available, so I sent off an email and was very happy to her back from the woman this morning to say she still had it and if I'd like to come look. Well, it had a few attachments I didn't have (and one I couldn't recognize at all) so I was more than happy to say yes and go pick them up. In the picture you can see the box and all the parts. The 3rd one in the 2nd row was a stumper for me - it wasn't in any book I could find and when I stopped off at the LQS they thought it might be a ruffler or a walking foot. I knew it wasn't a ruffler, but the way it moved I wasn't sure it was a walking foot either, so when I got home I tried it out on my low shank machine using a straight stitch(my 221 is still away being spruced up.) Well, I was surprised to find the stitch wasn't so straight anymore. So I fiddled with the stitch length and the knob on the foot and as you can see in the 3rd pic- I found out it is a zig zagger! Just not like I'd seen before, looked it up on the internet (now that I had a clue) and yes - mystery foot is an adjustable zig zagger! Pretty cool! All because I decided to garage sale to waste time because I have to pick up my husband today and couldn't join the other ladies at the NY quilt get together.

Box and attachments
    Name:  Attachment-200167.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  41.5 KB

Adjustable zig zagger
    Name:  Attachment-200168.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  28.5 KB

Sewing tests
    Name:  Attachment-200169.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  38.9 KB

Blog Entries
    pretty neet! you got some good attachments for a great price!

RDM
    Blog Entries
    Way to go, great find.

Blog Entries
    wow, great find!

Blog Entries
    Awesome deal, enjoy!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Nice!!

Blog Entries
    Save the cardboard box too, I saw a lady selling them empty on ebay! I've got a hemstitcher and a buttonholer like your zig-zagger all metal and no plastic. I think they might be earlier, but that's a guess.

Good finds. Interesting about the zig zagger, I had heard they made them, but never saw one in use. Enjoy!
    Kat