Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My attic windows >

My attic windows

My attic windows

Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by cmapco837
Thank you so much for all your help Now all I have to figure out is how much material to buy.
That is always my problem. I just know I bought a lot of the daisy print (maybe 4 yards), 3 yards of the window sill fabrics (the green and the light gold). For the backing I bought about 7 or 8 yards. I didn't buy enough of the brown and when I went back, she was out of it. There were some that were close, but not "yellowy" enough. I looked online and at every fabric shop I could think of. So I used the daisy print for the narrow binding. It looks fine -- IMHO. This has been fun. If you go to a site like quilterscache or something like that you may find better directions.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Silly girl, you never have to appologise to me for anything. I know that whatever you decide it will be great. I can't wait to see it finished.
By the way, I like the suggestion to quilt some of the flowers, but turkey tracks will work too. It is such a pretty quilt.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:37 AM

It depends doesnt it on what type of batting you use? I think each package has a suggested maximum distance between stitches for quilting (correct me please if I am wrong).
Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 AM

Correct. The batting I used says 2 to 4 inches.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM

Hi Gail. I really do love that floral fabric. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Attic Windows is a nice pattern, but truth be told, I got so tired of making the blocks.

Take care. and Happy Quilting.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Ranger, I didn't mind the blocks as much as I minded the slow pace of the hand stitching of those **** blocks. :lol: I finished the bindings about an hour ago. Tomorrow I begin the turkey tracks inside each window. (I'll see how that looks and if I can do a good job of it.)

I suppose all of that hand stitching did some good. I went for my blood pressure check this afternoon and it had really gone down a lot (almost 30 points).
Old 02-23-2010, 06:19 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

beautiful quilt!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:28 AM

We.. hallelluya! the quilt it finished and delivered. The "graduate" loved it. She had been patiently waiting since last May. The digital camera is out of commission, so the pictures were taken with the throw-away camera. When they're developed, someone will have to teach me to scan and send. (I'm still a "zero" when it comes to the computer.)

Now I'm on to a WIP from the closet. The top is finished and will be working on the back. More later on a new thread.

Oh, almost forgot! I had to hand quilt in the ditch Then I tied at 4 points in the windows. I told her they were love knots. :lol:

Thanks to all who gave advice and ideas. I appreciate all the interest and help.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:59 PM

Opps, I didn't check the date... :oops: Great job :!: