Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
For my Birthday >

For my Birthday

For my Birthday

Old 12-20-2010, 11:29 AM

My DH bought me a Kindle for Christmas last year and it's the best gift ever for an avid reader. No more tying up shelf space or looking for new space. No more packing 4 books when I go on vacation. And, the books cost less. After nearly a year, it's my favorite gadget ever and it weighs less than most of the hardcover books I used to lug around.

I love your cover, especially the inside : )
Old 12-20-2010, 11:58 AM

I'm pretty sure I am getting one for Xmas from the kids, and I just ordered one for my niece who is in a nursing home. She is paralyzed on one complete side and she also has to have dialisis three times a week. She is a former teacher and she loves to read and with the Kindle I hope she will be able to do that again. Right now I am racking my brain , trying to think of a way to make a cover that would maybe have some good padding, and some way to maybe slip over her bad hand to give her a little more control over it. Can anyone help me out with suggestions? I need to make her a wheelchair saddlebag again, someone stole the one I made when she had to go into the hospital for a few days, that and the cell phone holder that she could wear around her neck, so need to make another of those too. and I want to make her a lap quilt , but this time I am going to embroidery her name on everything! In BIG letters!!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 PM

I haven't broken down and gotten a Kindle yet. There is something about having a book in my hand and curled up under a quilt and reading. I love your cover though. I make covers with built-in book marks for my books........some day I'll come out of my cave and join the kindle users. haha
Old 12-20-2010, 12:23 PM

I have had my kindle for a while now and LOVE it. I also read on my phone with the kindle app when i am waiting in places. I love the embroidery on the inside, would you mind telling me where you found it? I haven't made a cover yet for mine but yours makes me want to sit down and make one. Like I have time this week to sew....
Old 12-20-2010, 12:27 PM

My sister just gave me a kindle for my birthday (Nov 29). I was so suprised. She has had one for a few years and I kept borrowing it LOL...I guess she got tired of that.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltDraggon
I have had my kindle for a while now and LOVE it. I also read on my phone with the kindle app when i am waiting in places. I love the embroidery on the inside, would you mind telling me where you found it? I haven't made a cover yet for mine but yours makes me want to sit down and make one. Like I have time this week to sew....
I got the embroidery design file from Urban Threads (http://www.urbanthreads.com/) It was free when I got it, but they change their freebies every 2 weeks or so.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:47 PM

As I am a retired school librarian, I absolutely love the inside cover!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Very Pretty :D:D:D
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM

I almost bought one, but now I download Kindle books to my laptop. It sits beside my Lazy Boy chair. Ahhhh the best of both worlds...comfy reading spot. Love your case....very cute.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

Hahaha love what you wrote on the other side!! Me too!!! :D
My son got a Kindle as a gift. Didn't think he'd use it. Now he loves it!!! :D:D