Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Blue Ribbon Winners

So many beautiful items, love them all. The bowls are really pretty. My favorite quilt is the one with the Christmas squares with the half squares pieced around them. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    No wonder you won those ribbons. You deserve them all. Beautiful work and beautiful quilts. You are a perfectionist.

You deserve all the ribbons and each item is just outstanding!! Love the quilts, especially the last one-wowser!
    jillnjo

what a talent you have and to donate your work to others is wonderful. I love the lace bowls and "how did you do that"
    would love to know. thanks for sharing all your blue ribbons with us.

Pat
    Patsy

OMGoodness.....the bowls are awesome!! All of your work is blue ribbon.....congratulations!!!!
    Grama Laura

Blog Entries
    So happy for you, beautiful work!!

Very cool items!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

WOW! love the bowls, never seen before! I love the braid quilt, I like to do minis so i have the braid in alot of mini sizes, great scrap user upper.
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

hurray! it must feel good to see those ribbons on your wall and know that your efforts are both being rewarded as well as enjoyed by someone else, which is the real reward in your heart! what a beautiful lady you are! have a fantastic day!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

ALL your work is awesome! Those receiving these charity gifts will be so blessed by your work. Could you tell me how you did the friendship braid quilt (finished size, size of all the bordering fabrics)? I love doing the friendship braid and your way of showcasing the braid is a new twist of this pattern. Congrats on all you blue ribbons - you deserve them for your exceptional work. Have a great day!

Love the quilt w/the winter scenes. I make FSL bowls, also. Love the fern looking one. Where did you get the pattern? I'm always looking for new designs.

Congratulations!!! Your work is beautiful! Will be watching to see how you did the lace bowls!

Congrats on all the ribbons. They all look very wonderful. I am new to the lace bowls also.
    DEB CAVAN

You are a busy woman. Thanks for showing you beautiful work. The bowls are new to me also

Wow, those lace bowls are something else. How do you do that? They are gorgeous!

Your work is absolutely gorgeous. I love the battenburg bowl. I've tried some FSL ornaments and bookmarks, but haven't gotten brave enough for a bowl yet!

Awesome You!

Yes indeed, that is all very beautiful!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Such beautiful work! Congrats on all the blue ribbons!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwillia View Post
    Thank you for all the lovely comments on my work! The Free Standing Lace items are done on an embroidery machine. The bowls consist of 8 side pieces and 1 center circle. Each side piece is over 34,000 stitches and takes about an hour to stitch out. Whatever thread is used on the top is also used in the bobbin so that the color/texture is the same on both sides. Two layers of Vilene, a water solvable stabilizer that looks like fabric, is used for the stitching base. The pieces are swished around in warm water to rinse away the Vilene and left to dry between plastic canvas sheets. The dried pieces feel like they have been heavily starched. The pieces are joined with a zig-zag stitch on the sewing machine.
    Thank you for telling. us how you made those beautiful bowls. They are absolutely gerogeous! wish I had a machine that I could make those on. I bet you could really sell those. Great job on these and all those beautiful quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Dollyo View Post
    Love the quilt w/the winter scenes. I make FSL bowls, also. Love the fern looking one. Where did you get the pattern? I'm always looking for new designs.
    The FSL designs are from the Zundt collection and the company is located in Switzerland. Hold on to your socks when you see the prices..... http://www.zundtdesign.com/embroider...lacemaker.html The designs are very stitch intensive and I use three layers of Vilene to get the needed stabilization. The designs are so perfectly digitized that the only time my machine stops is for a new bobbin. Hubby no longer asks what I want for Christmas or other special occasions. He just checks my Zundt wish list.
    I met the designer, Urban Zundt, at SewExpo last February. What a charming gentleman! I spent half of my show budget allocation on the embroidery collection called "Daylily Dreaming". The website pictures don't come close to the breath-taking beauty of the quilt.

They are all wonderful!! Especially love the last quilt!!! Did you have a pattern??
    Joy of getting older: If I do something stupid,
    I won't remember long enough to stay embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by drivingsusan View Post
    They are all wonderful!! Especially love the last quilt!!! Did you have a pattern??
    The last quilt with the stars was a kit from Connecting Threads and I was impressed by the quality of the fabric considering the kit was only $29. I spent a lot of time "re-stitching" to get the points right. The braid quilt is a pattern from Quilt in a Day and is called Braid in a Day. The pattern comes with a template and once the pieces are cut, it only took an afternoon to piece the top.

Holy crap!!! Look at all your ribbons!!!! Love everything that you did your quilts are wonderful....Well Done I'd say )
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Great work, no wonder you got all those blue ribbons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast