Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Border Collie Quilt Top >

My Border Collie Quilt Top

My Border Collie Quilt Top

Old 12-23-2010, 06:48 AM

Love it! We have a Border Collie named Gertie that showed up on the porch one night. I can't figure out if she was dumped or just got lost...but whatever she is family now. She just recently started being allowed to stay in the house. She's sooo excited about that. =) When she looks at you..you can just see the kindness in her eyes. =)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147215.jpe  

That is adorable.

Originally Posted by mmonohon
Originally Posted by xenodeno
Originally Posted by dunster
Very creative. Lots of sheep - border collies would love it too. What are you going to do with the rest of the panels? Put some on the back? Make another quilt? Pillows?
My sister is in a group of Border Collie Rescuers, I thought I might offer to do some pillows, wall-hangings for them.
My avatar is my rescued border collie. A great cause.
Indeed it is! At this time sis has 2 rescue BC, but she also fosters for adoptees in transit. It is heart-breaking to hear some of the stories. But when they receive loving homes it makes it extra special!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by wolph33
really love it.I have 4 dogs,one is a border collie and malamute mix.
Thank you. I have a Gold Lab and a Blue-tick hound and black and white bitchy cat whom I adore as well, but am a stepmother(Aunt-whatever) to many!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
Love it! We have a Border Collie named Gertie that showed up on the porch one night. I can't figure out if she was dumped or just got lost...but whatever she is family now. She just recently started being allowed to stay in the house. She's sooo excited about that. =) When she looks at you..you can just see the kindness in her eyes. =)

Rescue BC that I have had contact with are the most loving critters! A little DEVILISH at times,but loving.:)
Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 AM

To the OP, I LOVE this quilt! I hope it brings your sister a lot of happiness![/quote]

Thank you so much!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:08 AM

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I love dog quilts. Good job.
Thank you!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Oh how wonderful! Where did you find the fabric? We have 2 BC's, our second male-female pair, DH swears they are smarter than he is! Reason we have two--second one keeps the first one out of trouble. This time of year they get antsy as not enough work to do. Cows don't go to pasture knee deep in snow!
Thanks! I got the fabric off of eBay. Luckily I had a FQ of the allover BC already from a couple of years ago, becauuse I noticed that a half-yard of the material went for $45 when I was planning this quilt. I just made my FQ stretch! Both fabrics are Makower UK prints. I then bought another half-yard of the allover BC, but "luckily" it only went for $26 this time. (Sometimes I think I'm Looney-toons for the lengths I'll go to to get the fabric I want!)
Old 12-23-2010, 02:31 PM
KLO

I have almost bought both of these fabrics (b.c. and sheep) several times. Thought they were great fabrics. Love what you did with them. Also like the idea of making a quilt to auction off for the benefit of the rescue dogs. We used to have a b.c. mix but sadly, she is gone now. She was the perfect dog ... not too much b.c. and not too much of ??? Boy, do I miss her!