Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: My crayon quilt

Quote Originally Posted by ctrysass2012 View Post
    Have really enjoyed all of the Crayon Quilts! Would really like to make 1 or more, have enough scraps. Are there any directions anywhere? I have done a search & have not found anything. Thanks
    Tartan mentioned the pattern on her first post. I will see if I can find that info. I just sort of made it up. It took a bit of trial and error to get the points, and if I was to make another one, I think I wouldn't try to get that point set in 1/2 inch. It would look fine without that, and that part was tricky for me to figure out.

But, other than that....I cut each stripe 2 1/2 by 5 1/2. I put 14 stripes in each crayon. I made the black "sash" and first border 2 1/2 inches. The point was 6 inches. Maybe that will help.

Now let me see if I can find Tartan's thread....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t260372-4.html

If you read the thread, the info is on the 3rd or 4th page. Let me paraphrase, in case you just want that info. She said she got it as a free insert with American Patchwork & Quilting, October, 2014. It is called Color Me Happy! and was designed by Emily Herrick. The quilt had a white background and narrower crayons.

Okay, I hope that helps.

Dina

Power Poster
    That is so cute....

great use of scraps!! You've given me some inspiration for using my stash!! The pattern looks very simple. I apologize if you've answered elsewhere in the thread, but can you tell us the pattern for this?
    Leta in Upstate SC

Quote Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
    great use of scraps!! You've given me some inspiration for using my stash!! The pattern looks very simple. I apologize if you've answered elsewhere in the thread, but can you tell us the pattern for this?
    Just look two messages back, #51.

Dina

Dina, Thank you for your guidelines! That will give me the starting point I needed. I do fine adjusting a pattern but not so well making up my own. Thank you again. Vickie

Blog Entries
    Very fun quilt! Some kid is going to love it.

Leslie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3