Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My current WIP

My current WIP

I'm working on a quilt for my sister. It is her birthday present from our mom and me. (Mom bought all of the fabric, I'm sewing it together.) Although, it is turning into a Christmas present as well. My sister bought the pattern and as I started working on it, I decided that I really liked the pattern! As I continued to work on it, I have started to feel otherwise. It was so hard to lay out the quilt, and when I thought I had it perfect I still ended up messing it up...I will be glad when this one is done! Just need to add the border (white, her choice) and then figure out how I'm going to quilt and bind it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

GORGEOUS! Love the colors!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

I like your colors and pattern and can't see anywhere that it doesn't look great. Good Job!
    jackie

It looks fine to me. Good job all around. No ideas for the quilting, but I'm sure you will make it beautiful.

Blog Entries
    That is awesome! I really like that pattern but can see that looking at it and making it are two totally separate viewpoints! You have done a great job and your sister is going to love it!

I can't actually quilt, so it will probably just SID. I was planning on binding it in the brown, but if it has a white boarder, that might look a little harsh.

Very nice, love the colors. Looking good to me!
    Live and let live!

That is really pretty!!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

That is a beautiful quilt!!! You are doing an amazing job on it. Where do I sign up so you can adopt me so I can an amazing quilt like this.
    CAgirl1

Blog Entries
    Fabulous......

Thanks!! Your comment made my day!
    I am by far not experienced enough to adopt anybody. I'm self taught and make it all up as I go!
    Being a college student I wish I had more time to quilt so I could keep learning.

It is beautiful. The brown may work - audition it for us - ok admitting I like to see works in progress. I was just thinking that the tut from charismah using 2 fabrics for binding would work beautifully. That way the second color can be one of the colors in the quilt, it can be the very tiny narrow part of the binding then the brown.

Blog Entries
    I responded to your other post under Main, then came here to look at the quilt photo. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and the pattern. However, I can easily see how that pattern would test my patience to no end! You seemed (in the other post) to be so concerned about the white border, and I can see why. What about just adding a small, maybe 2", border in the white, then another wider border of one of the quilt's colors. That way you would all be pleased with it. That being said, there is no way you could make this quilt anything but beautiful! I love it! You are doing a wonderful job - Be proud of yourself!

KerryK - I was thinking about doing a smaller border in white with another thicker border. Then the white will highlight/frame the quilt. I just don't have fabric for the border and don't know if I will be able to find something I'm pleased with.

Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement! I've tried really hard on this quilt and I hope it shows. I cannot wait to give it to my sister! I know she is going to love it no matter what.

OMG the pattern reminds me of a filmstrip. My best friend's son is a film maker and I wanted to make him a quilt. This design is perfect!

Blog Entries
    One of my favorite patterns. Great colors, looks fabulous from here.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anna.425 View Post
    OMG the pattern reminds me of a filmstrip. My best friend's son is a film maker and I wanted to make him a quilt. This design is perfect!
    The pattern is called Slide Show by Atkinson Designs.

Blog Entries
    I know it can be difficult to lay out blocks and get colors and patterns distributed evenly, but you did a great job! I love it. I thought it looked like Terry's pattern.

Blog Entries
    You have done a wonderful job on this quilt
    “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” Sam Levenson

Quote Originally Posted by kiesh View Post
    KerryK - I was thinking about doing a smaller border in white with another thicker border. Then the white will highlight/frame the quilt. I just don't have fabric for the border and don't know if I will be able to find something I'm pleased with.

Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement! I've tried really hard on this quilt and I hope it shows. I cannot wait to give it to my sister! I know she is going to love it no matter what.
    I like this idea. Go ahead & go to Joanns & take a piece of fabric that is in the quilt so that you can feel the fabrics to see if they are the same. Sometimes I find something I like when I go back!! You might try Walmart also. Your quilt is lovely!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    You are going to make your sis extra happy with this pretty quilt..

It looks really nice and would make a great quilt for showing off different fabrics, which I have been looking for, for some Asian fabrics I have been hoarding.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    i think it's just beautiful. i don't see any mess-ups.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Nice. Love the colours.

Power Poster
    Good job!!
    SueDor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast