Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: My daughter's Quilt Camp

  1. #26
    Senior Member dojo36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    884
    here's the pic without the nose picker, lol

    here's the pic without the nosepicker, lol
    Name:  Attachment-42279.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  39.8 KB

  2. #27
    Super Member Bill'sBonBon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Okeechobee, Florida
    Posts
    1,069
    I think that is one of the coolest ideas I have heard about in a long time. Everyone looks like they are have a Grand time and look at the finished products. Wonderful.
    BillsBonBon

  3. #28
    Senior Member billswife99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lexington, OK
    Posts
    727
    What fun for everyone! I hope my grand daughters will have the same opportunities someday! The quilts are gorgeous and everyone of those young ladies should be very proud of them!

  4. #29
    Super Member Chele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belle Isle, Florida
    Posts
    6,737
    How cute! Boy, the girls made some beautiful quilts! Very impressive. My mom sent me to a summer sewing class, but I paid more attention to the cute boy who was also taking the class. :roll: Watch your stash, Mom!

  5. #30
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,393
    Just ask her which Bernina she would like. Buy that one for yourself and give her your old machine. Then tell her you'll leave the Bernina to her in your will. :lol: :lol:

  6. #31
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    what fun, and she get's a quilt out of it!
    LOl, about the nose lady :lol:
    Wish I could do something like this with granddaughter #2, she loves sewing with me. :D

  7. #32
    Super Member SharonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,551
    What a great idea for children to get out of the house, learn something fun, meet others and have a great time. Hey, now that I think about it....isn't that what "WE" do when we come to this forum?
    Love Sophia's quilt (they are all beautiful)...know she had a blast. Enjoy sewing together.

  8. #33
    PamH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,459
    Sophia looks like she had a great time and she made a beautiful quilt. Have fun sewing with her!

  9. #34
    community benefactor Knot Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,723
    They all look so happy....She did a great quilt...did she sew circles or is that the print :wink:

  10. #35
    Super Member Kyiav10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Williamsport Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,366
    Woohooo! It looks like they had a great time. And such beautiful quilts they made.

    Kyia

  11. #36
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    What a great thing for kids!! I love that another quilter is born and that you got to help her!
    And yes , I did notice the nose picker right off, LOL

    She did a terrific job on her quilt!

  12. #37
    Esqmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tied up in Thread
    Posts
    5,153
    A quilter is born!!! We have spent this week so far working on two more quilts, same pattern, for her two little cousins/neices. She's wants them done on Saturday as she's going to St. Louis with them for a week! She's hysterical, but I have to say, she picked out fabulous colors. I'll get photos and post them. She chose every fabric herself, without any assistance from me or the LQS ladies (who I DEPEND on so often!). I'm also "helping" quite a bit so that these turn out with straighter seams. My girl wants to rush thru everything, and this process will hopefully teach her to slow down a little for better results. Much to learn, for both of us! I'll post pix later today or tomorrow.

  13. #38
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    Beautiful quilts and girls! What a wonderful experience!
    AND she is coming to St. Louis! I hope she gets to have lots of fun here. We have a FREE zoo and Art Museum and tons of parks! Gees Bend quilts are at the History Museum right now, and on Tuesday admission is FREE! :lol:

  14. #39
    Super Member LindaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,943
    Blog Entries
    1
    our LQS is named the cotton patch too....had to check the location. LOL, great fun

  15. #40
    Senior Member hereca622's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    769
    What adorable quilts. These girls look like they had fun. We may be looking at the next generation of fabriholics.

  16. #41
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sophia has a good eye for fabric, and her quilt is great! It's great to see all those new quilters!
    I'm glad you learned how to crop pictures LOL We learn something new all the time here!

  17. #42
    kd124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camas, Washington
    Posts
    2,597
    Beautiful!! Love her quilt. :-) For that matter, all of the girls quilts look great and it looks like they enjoyed themselves.

  18. #43
    Super Member mcdaniel023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,578
    Blog Entries
    3
    Beautiful! (The daughter and the quilt) I am glad it was such a fun experience for her.

  19. #44
    Esqmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tied up in Thread
    Posts
    5,153
    Okay everyone,update on the two additional quilts she made. I don't have photos yet, but will try this morning to get some. Suffice it to say,they are done, and she's going to St. Louis for a week with my sis-in-law, and it's not a MOMENT too soon for this mommy. These quilts involved ripping, TEARS, YELLING, MORE TEARS, taking a cool shower, getting lots of food, several trips to the store (thread mostly), and one tired mom. I spent my entire day off yesterday working on them to get them done for her trip. When she was being moody at me for something (it's always something right now), I told her that, and she had the nerve to say back "Not your entire day mom, I saw you on your computer". Grrrr....I told her we will NOT be quilting together until she was 12, and had learned to be more patient and tolerant. I went out to get my xmas fabrics last night during a sale (that was also "my time") and she was picking out projects for herself. I made her put them back and said, if it's not a class, I'm not letting you do it right now!!! Arghhh...kids can be challenging. I had such romantic sweet thoughts about us quiting together. Instead, she managed to make me hate doing something I love over this past week. I need a break from her right now, so this trip will be refreshing...

  20. #45
    Super Member Boston1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Oklahoma - pining for Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,917
    From all the smiles, it looks like they had tons of fun. I wish I could have started that early.

  21. #46
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Okay everyone,update on the two additional quilts she made. I don't have photos yet, but will try this morning to get some. Suffice it to say,they are done, and she's going to St. Louis for a week with my sis-in-law, and it's not a MOMENT too soon for this mommy. These quilts involved ripping, TEARS, YELLING, MORE TEARS, taking a cool shower, getting lots of food, several trips to the store (thread mostly), and one tired mom. I spent my entire day off yesterday working on them to get them done for her trip. When she was being moody at me for something (it's always something right now), I told her that, and she had the nerve to say back "Not your entire day mom, I saw you on your computer". Grrrr....I told her we will NOT be quilting together until she was 12, and had learned to be more patient and tolerant. I went out to get my xmas fabrics last night during a sale (that was also "my time") and she was picking out projects for herself. I made her put them back and said, if it's not a class, I'm not letting you do it right now!!! Arghhh...kids can be challenging. I had such romantic sweet thoughts about us quiting together. Instead, she managed to make me hate doing something I love over this past week. I need a break from her right now, so this trip will be refreshing...
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but why do you think at age 12 she will have MORE patience????? And tolerance for parents is completely forgotten by that age.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


  22. #47
    Esqmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tied up in Thread
    Posts
    5,153
    Great scotts, I should've known. Why didn't anyone tell me that puberty starts at 10 1/2????? This is INSANE and I know it's only the tip of the iceburg with this child. She's a very strong independent girl - a mixed blessing for sure!!

  23. #48
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Great scotts, I should've known. Why didn't anyone tell me that puberty starts at 10 1/2????? This is INSANE and I know it's only the tip of the iceburg with this child. She's a very strong independent girl - a mixed blessing for sure!!
    Bless your heart -- been there, done that and now I have a 12 yr. old granddaughter who wants to learn to sew. Heaven help me!!

  24. #49
    Esqmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tied up in Thread
    Posts
    5,153
    My advice on the 12 yo DGD? Run like the wind and sign her up for a class, paid for by Grandma!!

  25. #50
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    My advice on the 12 yo DGD? Run like the wind and sign her up for a class, paid for by Grandma!!

    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would if I could find a class for her!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.