Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dear Jane- Chocolate Jane is finished!

wowzie, wowzie, woo woo!!!
    I likey, I lovie...lol!
    That is so beautiful Patti! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by izzybelle
    this is beautiful-i would love to put this on my list just for myself-how do you start this quilt--do you gather all the material right away, or do you just get enough fabric for a couple of blocks at a time?
    I started with a j/r and went from there. I did have a plan in my head, but I worked from stash and picked up things when i saw them all during the year. Getting a new fabric for it kept me interested. I also swapped some fabrics with others in the group working on the same quilt...that made it fun too.

Amazing! I can't figure the scale...what is the size of the blocks?

Anyone that completes this quilt, is a true MASTER QUILTER!

OMG! That turned out a masterpiece!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
    The blocks are 4 1/2" square, the triangles are 8" long x 5" wide.

Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments. I'm overwhelmed by it all! DH said I had to quit reading them so I didn't get big headed..LOL!

Blog Entries
    Sandpat. WHAT A QUILT! I cannot begin to imagine the amount of hours to complete this quilt. It truly looks like a labor of love!

WOW! WOW! WOW! Absolutely beautifulllllllll.

Sandpat, Your quilt is gorgeous. You did wonderful to get it done in a year's time. Thanks for sharing. Eiltcoq.

Sandpat, I think All of the DH's are related!! Eiltcoq.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Quote Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
    The blocks are 4 1/2" square, the triangles are 8" long x 5" wide.

Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments. I'm overwhelmed by it all! DH said I had to quit reading them so I didn't get big headed..LOL!
    Even MORE amazing then!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    sandpat--I have to ask--what WILL you do next? Well, besides go to Disney? :lol: Do you have another project planned?

And how did you get that border so perfectly scalloped?
    Aww...you mean, I CAN'T just go to Disney???? Well, the same group that worked together to do the Dear Jane is planning to do another quilt together, so I'll jump into that one. Its " Affairs of the Heart"..we'll start it in June of this year. You can find the thread here on the board....come join us!

On the scallops...those scared me to death! Actually..search for scallops and binding...I did a tute for them. Its listed on the Jane Stickle topic section.
    I checked out the tute! It's amazingly done--and such a small degree of all that is amazing about this piece of art.

I also checked out "Affairs of the Heart" and can't wait to see more of those. Wow--the blocks are just stunning. But, I have missing genes that are required to make these pieces... I know my limits!! :D

Blog Entries
    sandpat--I have to ask--what WILL you do next? Well, besides go to Disney? :lol: Do you have another project planned?

And how did you get that border so perfectly scalloped?
    Aww...you mean, I CAN'T just go to Disney???? Well, the same group that worked together to do the Dear Jane is planning to do another quilt together, so I'll jump into that one. Its " Affairs of the Heart"..we'll start it in June of this year. You can find the thread here on the board....come join us!

Karla...I don't buy the "missed genes"....you just are busy working right now and need to complete your projects a little quicker than these allow. Well...for some of us anyway. Lacelady completed her Baby Jane in 7 months +/- a few days...now...THAT was amazing, but thanks. You know you could make one with enough time.

On the scallops...those scared me to death! Actually..search for scallops and binding...I did a tute for them. Its listed on the Jane Stickle topic section.
    I checked out the tute! It's amazingly done--and such a small degree of all that is amazing about this piece of art.

I also checked out "Affairs of the Heart" and can't wait to see more of those. Wow--the blocks are just stunning. But, I have missing genes that are required to make these pieces... I know my limits!! :D

Stunning! Love it, but it's not on my to do list..too intimidated by all those tiny pieces

Wonderful! I'm sure that took a chunk of your time to finish!

Here is the quilt that I finally finished. I started with the group here on the board in Jan. 2010 to make the quilt based on Jane Stickle's quilt. She made hers in 1863. I decided to use a dark background rather than the cream and to update the colors. As I worked on it, Lacelady mentioned that she was going to use a solid color for her triangles that went between the pieced triangles. This would make the pieced triangles stand out more. I liked the idea (so I stole it from her), but I then decided to try some trapunto in them as well.

Without the group on this board...I wouldn't have undertaken this project, but thanks to the group...I have a finished quilt! I learned a ton making it too! Thank you, thank you to the DJ ladies..you know who you are...!

Here is the finished product..all the blocks (the center and the tris) are hand quilted. I then did machine quilting in the ditches of the sashing/cornerstones. The trapunto and pebbling were done by machine..my regular domestic Bernina.

This really blows my mind. Awesome.

Kudos to you!! That is breathtaking!! I have wanted to make one, but there was something I didnt like about the white background. You are an inspration to us all!

Beautiful colors and pattern. I love the scallop edge.

Blog Entries
    Every time I see a Dear Jane I want to make one.. I've even bought the book.. but it is such a huge undertaking, that I'm afraid to start. You've done a beautiful beautiful job! Your quilting really adds another layer of intest and uniquness to this wonderful quilt...

Wow What a masterpiece!!

Very nice, I don't have the nerve to start one of these. Pretty colors too.

What a treasure, I love that you put hand and machine together. Many folks are not doing that still. Simply wonderful!

Ditto that.

STUNNING!!!!

Wow! That is truly amazing!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast