Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dear Jane quilt, 'Jane, Past and Present'

Wow, that is awesome. You did a wonderful job on that.

Blog Entries
    Whatever can you make now that will top this?
    Running to my thesaurus for superlatives still won't find the words for my feelings when I look at your quilt. Stupendous.
    I also like how you have done a trip around the world with the block colours.

Did you set a record making this quilt?

I'm speechless! That is a gorgeous, amazing quilt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by susie0808
    What an amazing quilt you've done!!! Absolutely beautiful! I've seen some dear janes but yours trumps all! Thanks for sharing!!! This is one pattern I will now attempt. Congratulations!!! :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup:
    Good for you Susie,
    There are still people joining the Main thread under the Block of the Month section. Most start at the point the others are at, and try to catch up with the earlier weeks as they go along. You will get bags of encouragement as you go along.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Whatever can you make now that will top this?
    Running to my thesaurus for superlatives still won't find the words for my feelings when I look at your quilt. Stupendous.
    I also like how you have done a trip around the world with the block colours.

Did you set a record making this quilt?
    Thanks Barbara, as for setting records, I have no idea on that one. I have several UFO's that really should be finished, and I am collecting fabrics to make a Little Brown Bird quilt (mostly hand applique, and I can do that in front of the TV during the winter). Plus I have just bought a whole cloth quilt, something I have been wanting to try for years. I doubt if I will run out of things to do. LOL

Blog Entries
    You are phenomenal! All the blocks and assembly and hand quilted! What a work of love and art! Fabulous!

Wow, you shame me, but you also inspire me. This quilt is gorgeous and so dramatic. i like the unique coloration. Mine is more traditional and I'm going so slowly. Perhaps I'll bear down now and try to finish it.

Blog Entries
    You hit a home run on this one! Out of the park! Done in 6 months - be proud. I really like the corner that includes all the information. Hope you're keeping this one as a family treasure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    You hit a home run on this one! Out of the park! Done in 6 months - be proud. I really like the corner that includes all the information. Hope you're keeping this one as a family treasure.
    This is funny, Quilts, I got a lot of friendly 'encouragement' from my DB who lives next door while I was doing this one. He would pop in at least a couple of times a week to see how I was progressing and to check that I was getting it right. As I went along, he kept telling me that he wanted me to leave it to him (I am 9 years older, so he supposed that I will go first). During the making of this, I had occasion to rewrite my will, so I have left it to him, with the proviso that he hands it down to my daughter when his time comes.

BRAVO!!!!! :) :) :)

Wow.....beautiful job!

:thumbup: :mrgreen: You deserve all the praise and accolades for this STRIKING quilt!!! To have gotten this done so quickly and a SUPERB job well done on it!!!! I love the colors of the fabrics and the placement(trip around the world) of your blocks!!!! Fabulous job on your QUILT!!!!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Lesley I am absolutely speechless!!! :shock:

Well actually, no I'm not! :mrgreen: What an absolutely stunningly gorgeous job you've done. I love the combination of the batiks with the cream background - it really IS 'past and present' as it is a wonderful fusion of traditional and modern. And I love the way you've placed the colour groups in the diamond setting. Jaw dropping - and hand quilted too! :-D :-D :-D

"Ditto" on all the above accolades. :)

Absolutely stunning! Nothing more to say. WOW!

Wonderful. I doubt, I'll ever have the patience for a Dear Jane. Two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow! That is incredible. You did a wonderful job!

Magnifique! In every language - absolutely wonderful. You have to "show" it.

Blog Entries
    Amazing job, my dear!!! Truly a masterpiece of quilting excellence!!! Congratulations...this is a treasure for the coming generations. I cannot give you enough praise!! :thumbup:

Banned
    It's quilters like you that make me feel proud to even think I now a tiny bit about quilting in the big overall scheme of things. Awesome job on the quilt and the perservance of making it in such a short time.

WOW!!!! Lesley that is fabulous! I know you've been a great source of info for the other ladies as you've done this. Your Baby Jane is gorgeous! It is on my "someday" list!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    What an amazing quilt you've done!!! Absolutely beautiful! I've seen some dear janes but yours trumps all! Thanks for sharing!!! This is one pattern I will now attempt. Congratulations!!! :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup:
    Good for you Susie,
    There are still people joining the Main thread under the Block of the Month section. Most start at the point the others are at, and try to catch up with the earlier weeks as they go along. You will get bags of encouragement as you go along.
    Thanks Lesley! I will give it a try!

On another note.....Why not surprise your brother with his own and leave yours to your daughter?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Good for you Susie,
    Thanks Lesley! I will give it a try!

On another note.....Why not surprise your brother with his own and leave yours to your daughter?
    I don't think I could do another one.... at least not yet, LOL.

Blog Entries
    I'm always amazed at quilters who tackle that pattern. lovely work and love the colors very much.

Cogratulations! That is truly and accomplishment and a beautiful one at that!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast