Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt !! >

My Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt !!

My Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt !!

Old 07-28-2013, 11:53 AM

OMG! That is very pretty quilt. You did a beautiful job.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
FWS is on my bucket list. Your's is a pure treasure and I see a big ol' ribbon on it so it looks like it placed well in a show and surely deserved it too! I love all the quilting motifs you chose, especially that border motif. Is that a stencil? I would love to have that design in my arsenal.
Thanks FelineF ... a true compliment when it comes from a pro like you! Thank you, and yes, it did win at several Fairs last year. At one it was also Grand Champion for all quilts exhibited with Machine/LA Quilting. From there it went on to District, to be placed 2nd against the Grands from 25 Fairs. Needless to say, I am more than proud ... and thrilled that my LAQ'er does such an exceptional job when given a custom quilting challenge like this! She was totally whipped after doing it but was up for the new challenge, when I took her the Pony Club quilt this year (see other thread). As for stencil? ... I'm really not sure how she does it!

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Forgetting things are we? No wise cracks from me

It's beautiful of course, I love the rich green and gold border. If you ever get tired of looking at it ...... you have my address
ha! I don't think that will ever happen, DHMommy!
The funny thing was that I really wasn't in love with the quilt, til I saw it hanging full out, and at a distance in that outside shot. Then all of a sudden I went, WOW!!! The 2nd WOW came when I got the Grand. Not just for the placing ... but again, when I saw it hanging on its own. I then realized it was NOT a quilt to be seen on a bed, but needed to be hanging to be appreciated.

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
Beautiful. A lot of work, for sure! I saw a smidge of this in the post with a different quilt on the floor. The one with a farmer and wife block in it. You do nice piecing work.
Yes OrangeRoom ... it was hanging in the background with my Pony Club quilt lying on the floor.

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
If I'm making a second FW are you going to do 2 Sylvia's?
No Way Jose Anael!!!!!!!!!! I'll have enough to do with DJ .... besides, I have seldom re-made a quilt. I get too bored!

Originally Posted by nanacc View Post
Fantastic Quilt!!!!! I am amazed by the talent required to do this and Jane quilts. I do not believe i could ever manage! Great job and the quilting is beautiful!
Oh yes you could NanaCC ... you just make a bunch of blocks and join them together. When I made my 1st sampler 7 yrs ago, when I started back sewing, I thought it was a good project. If I didn;t continue after one block (12") I figured I'd have a pot holder. Two or three would give me a runner. Four a table topper. Six a baby quilt. Well, I kept going and was having so much fun that I made 35 before I decided I'd better do something with them ... a 100" square quilt, with some spares that I used in a 2nd quilt, and with still some spares for other things. So, yes, NanaCC, you CAN do it!

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Which do you like better? And yes it's gorgeous!
OKSGlad ... are you meaning FWS vs. PC? I love them both, but I'd give the FWS the edge, as I think it came together far nicer and not as choppy looking. Plus, ironically, I enjoyed doing the 6" blocks more. The 8" just seemed too big and clumsy after working with the 6" ... and the 12" MBs are horrid!! So maybe DJ won't seem so bad? Wait til you hear me boo-hooing about it this winter!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM

Hats off to you for the finish. It is absolutely beautiful. So very pretty and on and on............
Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM

Love your choice of jewel tones. Beautiful quilt.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 PM

Absolutely stunning. I have the book and sewed a few blocks and was disappointed that my sizes weren't accurate, perhaps I shall try again, it has been awhile. I am inspired by your beauty.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:31 PM

WOW! That is absolutely, jaw dropping gorgeous! You did the most amazing job and the quilter did too. I'm in awe of your patience and talent.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Gorgeous! Such perfect piecing, and the colors just sparkle.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:53 PM

Beautiful quilt. What an amazing amount of work. Awesome!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

QuiltE, your Farmer's Wife is beautiful.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:27 PM

Wow! that is just gorgeous!