Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first attemp at micro quilting . . .

Okay I get Rhonda's 1 1/2" template. THANK YOU RHONDA again :D I'm really excited about this quick gifts. So I sit down and get started and I make this key chain. YIPE but I can say this, it's NOT EASY hats off to you Rhonda and anyone else who can do this. WOW is it harder than it looks. :lol: I need LOTS of practice but practice makes perfect. So for now till I master this MICRO quilting I'm green with envy.
    :mrgreen: But on the cool side hubby put his head down and laughed, and a girlfriend said oh how cute.

Here's my Micro quilt and see points have disappeared. lol
    Name:  Attachment-36204.jpe
Views: 118
Size:  31.2 KB

I give you credit, Renee, I won't even THINK of doing a block less than 4", and really try not to do anything less than 6".

Great job!

Blog Entries
    Great job. Got to try mine.

Thank you everyone. I did have fun but need to practice, practice, practice. But I was also thinking if I can get really good and small stuff the big stuff will look GREAT. :P

You did a great job! Haven't tried mine yet - I'm busy on the twins' quilts.

I hear you I'm going to try again tonight maybe more light will help. hahaha

Blog Entries
    Wonderful job!!! :D
    And creative! I would never have thought of making key chains!!

hum hit back oops. Anyhow thank you but I got it out of the newsletter from here yesterday that Rhonda had added a tute too, the only difference is for the loop I used heavy yarn that I use to make my dishcloths out of.

I think you did a great job!

Thanks Debbie did you get a template?

Good Job, Renee! Rhonda very kindly sent me one of her templates and I played with it but DID NOT take any pictures of what I made...small, small and my big fingers just got in the way! :lol: I do plan to keep trying and will also master these tiny projects, too but it's going to take practice!!!!

It sure is it's amazing that something looks so easy is really soooooooo hard.

Gosh, you people ahve been sew busy! Congrats on taking the plunge and DOING it! Love to see what creative minds come up with! Thanks for sharing you work. :lol:
    I haven't mastered uploading photos yet from a dial up! Have to wait until I am at a wireless location. :?

Banned
    Great job kiddo :D

Thanks Bev. Very interesting concept. When I get home tonight (more than likely for a bit) I'm going to try my hand at another one. Hopefully I can get it right if not whocares the dd will just love it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reneebobby
    It sure is it's amazing that something looks so easy is really soooooooo hard.

You did a great job for a first attempt!!! And BTW I lose points all the time!! It frustrates me but what can you do?!!! It is just part of the process sometimes. I am a perfectionist in my work so I rip it out( and I HATE!!) to rip and I do it again!

Points to remember: These are an ounce of prevention that helps
    Make sure you have a 1/4" between the edge and where your point is before you sew it together. If your corner does not have that 1/4" you wil lose your points.
    Try to sew a good 1/4" or less when you sew the outside edge together to the back.

Another thing that I watch for is to make sure the corners of the block have the seam in the center. On the block in the picture below the top left corner the seam is off to one side which makes the points go off to one side and you may lose them in the end. The bottom seam is how it should be. This is an ounce of prevention that is really a good thing to remember when you are cutting the block out. Make sure your template corners are on the seams and don't let the template move as you cut. Trim the corners gently if you need to to get a good corner.

These might help to make the points stay in place better.

It really isn't so hard just takes a little adjustment in thinking when you are not used to the small stuff.

Don't give up everyone it is easy once you have tried it a couple of tilmes you will get the hang of it like anything else new. Practice will make it easier!

This is the smallest project I will use!

If anyone has a suggestion for a project they would like to see I would love to hear. I don't want to repeat projects but I have several more blocks and I could use some ideas!!

I have done a lot of things over the years but I am not sure what is popular and what is old hat to everone! New ideas are always welcome!!

Notice the space between the point and the edge.
    Name:  Attachment-11465.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  22.8 KB

Look at the top left corner it is off
    Name:  Attachment-11699.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  10.6 KB

I like your key chain!! I think it's cute!

Thanks Rhonda I see that I had that space but I might have rushed the finished product. So attempt number 2 hopefully today. Oh a nice size wallet would be nice for a project, to go with totes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reneebobby
    Thanks Rhonda I see that I had that space but I might have rushed the finished product. So attempt number 2 hopefully today. Oh a nice size wallet would be nice for a project, to go with totes.
    Renee I added some more helpful hints for prevention of problems. Hope they help!

Banned
    its so cute!!

Cool Thanks Rhonda

Blog Entries
    Cute keychain!!! :D :D :D

No, I didn't get a template. I guess I missed that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1
    No, I didn't get a template. I guess I missed that.
    Debbie if you want a 1 1/2" template just send me a pm or email to [email protected] with your postal address and I will send you one.
    Rhonda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast