Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 122

Thread: My First Quilt Square

  1. #1
    remclave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bossier City, LA
    Posts
    172
    This my first true quilt square. It's a bit wonky. But I am really proud of it. It's going into a friend's quilt.

    Front
    Name:  Attachment-161309.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  89.0 KB

    Back
    Name:  Attachment-161310.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  85.1 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member sidmona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Milton, Georgia
    Posts
    2,739
    Doesn't look wonky to me - I think it looks great!

  3. #3
    Super Member Maggiesmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    2,013
    Blog Entries
    1
    Looks quite good to me. Like the pattern.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,386
    It's beautiful and the backside is great too...

  5. #5
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    I don't see the wonky!!! And your backing is so NEAT!!!! man, mine aren't that good!!!!

  6. #6
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    16,255
    Blog Entries
    2
    that is one great block. and look at your center seams, all twirled flat. good going girl!!!

  7. #7
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    14,916
    Blog Entries
    2
    I think it's wonderful. I love the heart. You did great!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, PA
    Posts
    675
    Good job, really like the pattern.

  9. #9
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    VIRGINIA
    Posts
    22,678
    greaT JOB

  10. #10
    Super Member kathdavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    2,484
    Blog Entries
    2
    Impressive! Nice job.

  11. #11
    Super Member trif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange county, CA
    Posts
    1,491
    Looks great, I like the pattern, I agree that it's not wonky, it's a little off but with your color choice and the design, once it's all pieced it won't be noticeable

  12. #12
    Super Member mom-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,487
    Beautiful! Keep up the good work...you are rightfully proud.

  13. #13
    remclave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bossier City, LA
    Posts
    172
    Wow! You are all so kind! :) As for the parts that do look good, I credit the fantastic tutorial resources that are on the Quilting Board. :D

  14. #14
    Super Member sewwhat85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    6,891
    i think it is beautiful way to go girl

  15. #15
    Super Member Evelynquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    4,012
    What a pretty pattern... :D

  16. #16
    Super Member brenda21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,071
    really nice!!

  17. #17
    remclave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bossier City, LA
    Posts
    172
    I drew the design on my computer before I cut any fabric. I am happy that I achieved the effect that I did. I was going to orient the heart straight up and down but changed the orientation to diagonal at the last minute. Thank you again.

  18. #18
    Senior Member retired2pa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kingman, AZ
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by remclave
    I drew the design on my computer before I cut any fabric. I am happy that I achieved the effect that I did. I was going to orient the heart straight up and down but changed the orientation to diagonal at the last minute. Thank you again.
    I like the diagonal placement :) I did the same thing with hearts that I hand appliqued on my DD's Valentine's Day (her birthday!) quilt. I think it adds some interest.

    You did a great job on the block :) Be sure to let us see the finished quilt before you give it to your friend.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Scrapquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Palm Coast, FL
    Posts
    315
    Great job....wish my first block had looked that good :-)

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast Colorado
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by remclave
    This my first true quilt square. It's a bit wonky. But I am really proud of it. It's going into a friend's quilt.
    Where is the wonky? Be proud, be brave, be a quilter!

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by remclave
    This my first true quilt square. It's a bit wonky. But I am really proud of it. It's going into a friend's quilt.
    Wonky how? That looks great to me!!!

  22. #22
    Senior Member Antdebby1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    650
    Wonderful! I like it very much!

  23. #23
    Senior Member quiltbugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    472
    I don't see any "wonk".
    Very pretty!

  24. #24
    Senior Member Grinster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portage, MI
    Posts
    652
    Wow, that is an awesome 1st block! Doesn't look wonky to me at all, looks artistic!

  25. #25
    remclave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bossier City, LA
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by retired2pa
    Quote Originally Posted by remclave
    I drew the design on my computer before I cut any fabric. I am happy that I achieved the effect that I did. I was going to orient the heart straight up and down but changed the orientation to diagonal at the last minute. Thank you again.
    I like the diagonal placement :) I did the same thing with hearts that I hand appliqued on my DD's Valentine's Day (her birthday!) quilt. I think it adds some interest.

    You did a great job on the block :) Be sure to let us see the finished quilt before you give it to your friend.
    I've given it to the person who will be assembling a quilt from the one I made as well as the ones from the other ladies in my group. So, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.