Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My first Treadle

I mentioned earlier today that I was goin to go look at what I thought was Singer 127. I'm not positive but I think that is what it is. Needles to say, I did buy it, along with what I think is a Singer 328 and a Morse machine. All cabinet models.
    I need to research more about the Morse, I will probably sell it and the 328, soon as I get them cleaned up some.
    Well, here is a picture of my Treadle, I think buy the serial number it is a 1924 model or a 1935 model. Not sure if the serial number is one letter prefix or if it is a two letter prefix. Could be a GO as in letters or a G0 as in single letter and a zero.
    I have 5 pictures so I guess I will make two post.

Do all Singer Treadle's have rolling feet ?
    Name:  Attachment-259913.jpe
Views: 275
Size:  154.8 KB

It came with 2 shuttles and one bobbin
    Name:  Attachment-259915.jpe
Views: 273
Size:  125.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    wow, you sure found some beauties

I know I will have to have a belt and am on the look out for a manual and some more bobbins, as well as what attachments that were made for it (as soon as I know for sure exactly which model it is).
    If anyone can think of anything else I need to acquire, please chime in and let me know.
    Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Jim

Lucky you!

As far as I know all antique singers have rolling feet.

Blog Entries
    Looking good! Congrats.

I was told tonight that I could buy a belt for my treadle machine from Home Sew

I think you do have a model 127. I've done research to compare the 27, 127, 28, and 128. The 28 and 128 have the 3/4 size bed and the 27 has the bobbin winder low on the column. It's just like a 27 so the manual for the 2 would be the same. Check the Singer web site for a manual.

It's a great machine. I learned to sew on a 27. Definitely clean it up and use it. There are several places online to get belts and bobbins. Just be sure the bobbins are the long ones. Some of the repros are shorter, I have heard, and don't work well. Do you have the shuttle? That is most important.

Beautiful machine

Quote Originally Posted by Barb44
    I think you do have a model 127. I've done research to compare the 27, 127, 28, and 128. The 28 and 128 have the 3/4 size bed and the 27 has the bobbin winder low on the column. It's just like a 27 so the manual for the 2 would be the same. Check the Singer web site for a manual.

It's a great machine. I learned to sew on a 27. Definitely clean it up and use it. There are several places online to get belts and bobbins. Just be sure the bobbins are the long ones. Some of the repros are shorter, I have heard, and don't work well. Do you have the shuttle? That is most important.
    Thanks Barb, I have 2 shuttles with it and one bobbin. Soon as I get time and are for sure which model it is, I will start rounding up what I need to make it useable.

My 1935 Singer Treadle does not have rolling feet but DH's 1909 does. If you're in the area, McMinnville Vac Shack's owner, Jim Shields carries belts & other items for antique treadles.

Blog Entries
    You did good :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very nostalgic for me..I learned to sew on my mom's treadle..

Nice...

Since my post about my first treadle, I have gotten a singer 99 hand crank.....love it. I have also given my sister in law the singer 328. My question now is about the Morse. Does anyone know where to get a tension assembly for it? It is a model MZZ......thanks.

Very cool!! I have my grandmas old treadle with all the parts and the instruction book, love it!!

Wow, it is really pretty!

Kat