Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Labyrinth Walk is done >

My Labyrinth Walk is done

My Labyrinth Walk is done

Old 10-03-2022, 09:48 AM

Default My Labyrinth Walk is done

I originally saw this quilt at the Sisters Quilt show about 4 years ago and knew then that this would be a great quilt for my son. Fast forward to this spring when I went on a local shop hop and at the last quilt store I went to, I found this pattern. I knew I could have ordered it online prior, but I guess I am old school and like to buy in person. Then another local quilt store has a sale on all their batik fabric for $9 yard so I promptly bought fabric. I was working on another quilt so I decided I would make it next. That and the quilt on my sons bed was starting to deteriorate from heavy use - it was just meant to be. That and he also was going to move out and this would be a new quilt for his new place. It took me about 3 weeks to piece the top and about a month to quilt. I work full time so my quilting is evenings and weekends. He picked up the quilt yesterday and it looks great in his new room. Happy it's finished. I do want to mention lots of quilters see this quilt and are intimidated by it. The piecing is not difficult at all. You just need to make sure you are sewing your blocks together in the right configuration. I double and triple checked so I got it right. As far as the quilting I looked on Pinterest to get ideas/inspiration and most of the examples I saw had this pebble/straight line combo. Initially I did not want to do that since that was "what every one else did", but after trying some other motifs on a sample block I realized people chose this because it really looks the best with the pattern. An edge to edge done by longarm would look good, but that is not an option for me. Thanks for looking :-)
Attached Thumbnails labrynth-full.jpg   labrynth-close-up-1.jpg   labrynth-close-up-2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2022, 10:47 AM

Spectacular! Not on my bucket list, but very well done.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:40 PM

Wow! Your son is going to love that. Now here is my question about labyrinth quilts.....is there a starting place on it & can you really find your way out of it? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Gorgeous!👏🏻
Old 10-03-2022, 01:57 PM

Great job makes me want to do mine.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:13 PM

A pattern that always draws my eye. Thanks for saying the piecing isn't difficult, it might become one-to-sew someday. Yours is spectacular.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:16 PM

Love your quilt!
Old 10-03-2022, 03:35 PM

Wow. That is amazing. Great job. I'm always amazed at this pattern, including yours.👍
Old 10-03-2022, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

I made one for my oldest son in 2 shades of purple and black. Yours is pretty.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
Wow! Your son is going to love that. Now here is my question about labyrinth quilts.....is there a starting place on it & can you really find your way out of it? Inquiring minds want to know.
NO, not designed to walk through.