Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: My Last Hurrah!!!

Woo Hoo!!! A treasure hunt that paid off big.

Wow! What a find!!

oh my goodness, how fantastic!

looks like a great buy, to me! happy quilting.

What a great find! I'm so glad you were there to rescue the items and give them a good home!

That is a quilter's dream!!! Good for you!!

Blog Entries
    You sure made out. Thats great!

Oh, my goodness. You hit the jackpot.

OMG---what a treasure---I never get that lucky---way to go girl have a great time with it all.

Oh Wow, you hit the jackpot!

Blog Entries
    What a haul!!!!! And for only $105....great deal!!!!

WHEE HOOO - you did good !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjaye44
    Last Friday I was checking the CL for any interesting yard/estate sales and came across one listing "sewing stuff" that started Sat at 7Am. So I was there at 6:55 with my $20 bill in my pocket. Money is tight these days :cry: . It was very disorganized with no prices on anything at all. I spied a small wicker basket filled with sewing notions and a 3 shelf stainless steel cart on wheels as well as a June Taylor "Quilter's Square n Blocker". When I asked about a price for these 3 items she said whatever. Then she said that if I was interested in sewing "junk"...(her very words), to go into a small closet off the kitchen door. OMG. The lady who had lived there had been a QUILTER. The only drawback was there was no electricity in the house and that tiny room was pitch black. That didn't deter me one little bit...I went and got my flashlight out of the car. And spent the next 3 hours amassing my stash in the empty bedroom next door!!! Would you believe that there was no one else interested in this?? A few stuck their head in, took a look and backed out again. Finally, I was getting tired and decided to call it quits...it was overwhelming by that time. The next 9 pictures shows what I got for $105.00. BTW, I had to go to an ATM and transfer the money from my savings to checking to a cash withdrawal because she wouldn't take a check. Here's the first three...
    cjaye44, you just convinced me I should subscribe to the local paper. I'm so happy for your good luck in the classified ads.

You have a major blessing on your hands! :)

OB
    Definitely worth the trip to the ATM. Have fun.

OB

Blog Entries
    Just as a little footnote...I was coming home from an errand Sat. morning and noticed an estate sale right on the roadside. I just stopped out of curiosity, not because I wanted or needed anything. Lo and Behold, there were hundreds of quilt related books, magazines and a little fabric. I asked who the quilter in the family was and was told no one. They had gone the previous Wed. and bought everything that wasn't sold at a sale last weekend. My sale :!: :!: :!: . I didn't ask what they paid but they were wanting practically new prices for each book and magazine when the majority of them were 3 to 10 years old. When I asked how it was going, they said not too well. It was obviously not a week for quilters. So I consider myself truly blessed and in the right place at the right time for once. And No, I never said a word about being at the sale the week before :lol:

WOW! What a great find!

You hit the jackpot!!!!!!!! Would love to come across a little closet like that!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!

Too funny! I'm thinking that the person holding the sale is telling all her friends about the "crazy lady" who spent hours going through an old closet and paid $105 for "old sewing junk!"

Blog Entries
    OMG!!! You lucky dawg!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjaye44
    Just as a little footnote...I was coming home from an errand Sat. morning and noticed an estate sale right on the roadside. I just stopped out of curiosity, not because I wanted or needed anything. Lo and Behold, there were hundreds of quilt related books, magazines and a little fabric. I asked who the quilter in the family was and was told no one. They had gone the previous Wed. and bought everything that wasn't sold at a sale last weekend. My sale :!: :!: :!: . I didn't ask what they paid but they were wanting practically new prices for each book and magazine when the majority of them were 3 to 10 years old. When I asked how it was going, they said not too well. It was obviously not a week for quilters. So I consider myself truly blessed and in the right place at the right time for once. And No, I never said a word about being at the sale the week before :lol:
    Oh did you have the last laugh!! Hadn't seen this post, but just read through all 12 pages, Carol. Made me a little sad to hear of the reference to "old sewing junk". Hundreds, nay thousands here on the board would have appreciated every bit that was there. This should get your creative juices flowing again, don't you think? :idea: Those yo yo's--good doll swap quilt? G

Congratulations! I'm so jealous! Isn't it great that you were in the right place at the right time, AND you had the $$ in your bank account!

Pennies from heaven love it

wow!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7