Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My New Sewing Room

Blog Entries
    Thirty-eight anniversaries, and our usual activity is a nice dinner out. This year, we're attending a work week end with one of our cave associations. Normally, we are happy in our 15 passenger van, which is outfitted with a queen+ bed. We get to the camp site, and hubby dearest says go to Roys, and pick out something you like. We'd been looking at campers for several years, and I really haven't been interested. After reading all the posts about sewing in a camper, I decided, It's got to be easier than sewing in the van. So, all set up and in operation, I finished piecing this wall hanging, and got started on another scrappy. It works just fine. I scoot the machine back, put up the netbook, and I have an office too. Went to the new quilt shop in the little town fresh stash. LIG

We have an on-site cook for the weekend, so no need for the dinette.
    Name:  Attachment-191375.jpe
Views: 48
Size:  70.7 KB

Blog Entries
    You go girl! nice room! what kind of machine is that?
    i take my janome gem with me when we go camping..i keep the cutting board under the bed.

Blog Entries
    I really like this! I dream of owning a camper, but not possible right now. Plus, I have 3 active doggies that could not be left at home, and would be an awful crowded camper with the 5 of us. (of course, DH would go!)

I envy you! Have fun for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    You go girl! nice room! what kind of machine is that?
    i take my janome gem with me when we go camping..i keep the cutting board under the bed.
    It's a Featherweight, 221-2, I think. We're headed out this morning, so it's already packed. I often use a little Bernette when traveling, retreats, and classes. The FW's however, in their nice little cases, are stable and can have other things stacked on top. I have padded machine totes which hold the FW perfectly, so nothing gets damaged. When I have to pack really tight, the stacking option is nice,

How nice being able to take your quilting with you. I am working on my DH to fix a small room on the porch at our cabin for my sewing. He says the machine is too noisy inside since it is a small cabin. One day.......

Looks great, I take my machine camping too.

Sweet, quilts on the go!

Great idea and looks like fun.

*The Sew 'n Go* :D -JK-
    I like your great set-up ~ :thumbup:

What a great present and set-up! Have fun & enjoy!

Fabulous!

Nice room!

Woohoo!! What a great hubby!!!

The best of both worlds!

Much easier to quilt in that camper isn't it? Enjoy!
    Kat

All in ONE suitcase? I need space every time I sew so it has to be at the d.r. table. I guess it's because I am use to doing everything in large quantities for a family of 5 kids over the years. Seven always seems to need space of any sort for anything! Including a full fridge and full freezer; claimed it was my side-by-side fridge my way! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
    All in ONE suitcase? I need space every time I sew so it has to be at the d.r. table. I guess it's because I am use to doing everything in large quantities for a family of 5 kids over the years. Seven always seems to need space of any sort for anything! Including a full fridge and full freezer; claimed it was my side-by-side fridge my way! LOL
    One suitcase? I wish. The small bag on the bench is my fabric bag and most small rulers/templates, then there are two small machine totes. The FW fits in one bag, with room for the two blue bags of cutting tools, a thread assortment, and the iron. There is some room to spare for WIP. The other, identical machine tote, is used for the light, extension cords, (with this set-up I won't need as many,) the pin box, (which is often in the fabric bag,) books, and other miscellanea. I can keep a basic set-up in the trailer, and need only tote the fabric. I left the big cutting mat behind the dinette bench. I'll trim it down before I start having guests.

Needless to mention, my mind has been working overtime on this. I can leave a complete set of sewing supplies in the trailer, including a machine, and carry nothing but kits and directions. I'll need another mini iron. Too bad Clover doesn't make those anymore. Just something small enough for seams. Time will tell.

Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    I really like this! I dream of owning a camper, but not possible right now. Plus, I have 3 active doggies that could not be left at home, and would be an awful crowded camper with the 5 of us. (of course, DH would go!)

Having animals is THE reason for having a camper! We took 4 cats on the road for a year. Crowded? Yes, but a lot of fun!!!

Congrats on your new camper - what a nice anniv gift!

woohoot! Have sewing machine, will travel! You go girl!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgramma
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemem

Having animals is THE reason for having a camper! We took 4 cats on the road for a year. Crowded? Yes, but a lot of fun!!!

Congrats on your new camper - what a nice anniv gift!
    I don't know about taking our two cats, but I know the husky will travel with us. We may need to configure a ramp for her, she's getting on the arthritic/old side. She'll probably love the underside of the dinette. I can see the 3 of us. Dog under the table, me sewing on one side, DH working on the computer on the other side. Great way to relax after a day of caving or paddling.

Looks like you are all set now! :)

The camper is great, what a nice anniversary gift, glad you got it all outfitted. I was worried when I didn't hear back from you. Guess you were busy re-packing. hehehe(By the way I posted my pics)

have fun.love the vintage singer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker26
    The camper is great, what a nice anniversary gift, glad you got it all outfitted. I was worried when I didn't hear back from you. Guess you were busy re-packing. hehehe(By the way I posted my pics)
    Connectivity was a real problem with the dial-up. It took forever to upload the post with pix, then I lost the connection, had to pack up and head home. Sort of wish I could have brought it home with me, but it stayed at the campground. Made a list of things to take back up next month. (really hope I get to go - I'll be just a couple of weeks post-op from the knee replacement.)

Your post was premo!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: