Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67

Thread: My Purple WOnder back from Darby

  1. #1
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,914
    Blog Entries
    29
    Darby did such a wonderful job quilting my purple scrap quilt....I am so excited to get it back..it just arrived today and my binder is coming to town..so I briefly get to look at it before it goes for it's finishing touch. LOL
    If I were to bind it myself it could continue to be a UFO for quite some time..probably years.. :-(

    Anyway I love her feathers..and her leaves..I will have to use those leaves...They are so pretty....See how we learn from each other? Just beautiful!

    So here it is again...
    Thank YOu Darby! I just love looking at it! It is so much more beautiful now...I am so thankful you are willing to work with me....and show off your quilting work! You are the BEST!!

    Oh The pattern is called "Fool Around Fun"..just in case anyone wants to know.
    Attached Images Attached Images








  2. #2
    Super Member katier825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,160
    Blog Entries
    3
    Pretty!

  3. #3
    Super Member redquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,962
    Charisma, not only are you a master quilter but your are a wonderful piecer. And Darby, your quilting is masterful as well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Baysidegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    997
    Beautiful work. I love the pattern. I will definately have to make one. The quilting is awesome. You and Darby are just so darned talented.

  5. #5
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    Awesome both of you. I love the colors and the pattern too. Thanks for sharing.

  6. #6
    Senior Member PhotoKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    634
    My niece would be drooling over this quilt! She loves purple, and I think this is one of the prettiest purple quilts I have ever seen!

  7. #7
    Super Member maryb119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,725
    Very pretty quilt!!! Great job both of you!

  8. #8
    Super Member 3incollege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    western Pa.
    Posts
    2,289
    very pretty!!

  9. #9
    Super Member Scrap Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,423
    Blog Entries
    1
    What a gorgeous quilt and quilting! :thumbup: :thumbup: Love the purple.

  10. #10
    Super Member rusty quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ft. Gratiot, MI
    Posts
    1,960
    Blog Entries
    1
    The feathers are beautiful!

  11. #11
    Super Member LindaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rural Small Town Ontario
    Posts
    1,473
    What a great team! Love the heart-leaves :)

  12. #12
    Super Member ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    1,610
    Beautiful quilt and quilting. Love the leaves too. The feathers are awesome.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Kentucky
    Posts
    947
    This really turned out beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing all of the pictures.

  14. #14
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    26,809
    Oh sew pretty! Both of you do fabulous work! ;)

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Darby did such a wonderful job quilting my purple scrap quilt....I am so excited to get it back..it just arrived today and my binder is coming to town..so I briefly get to look at it before it goes for it's finishing touch. LOL
    If I were to bind it myself it could continue to be a UFO for quite some time..probably years.. :-(

    Anyway I love her feathers..and her leaves..I will have to use those leaves...They are so pretty....See how we learn from each other? Just beautiful!


    Who is Darby and what does she charge.
    So here it is again...
    Thank YOu Darby! I just love looking at it! It is so much more beautiful now...I am so thankful you are willing to work with me....and show off your quilting work! You are the BEST!!

    Oh The pattern is called "Fool Around Fun"..just in case anyone wants to know.

  16. #16
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,914
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter_kjm
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Darby did such a wonderful job quilting my purple scrap quilt....I am so excited to get it back..it just arrived today and my binder is coming to town..so I briefly get to look at it before it goes for it's finishing touch. LOL
    If I were to bind it myself it could continue to be a UFO for quite some time..probably years.. :-(

    Anyway I love her feathers..and her leaves..I will have to use those leaves...They are so pretty....See how we learn from each other? Just beautiful!


    Who is Darby and what does she charge.
    So here it is again...
    Thank YOu Darby! I just love looking at it! It is so much more beautiful now...I am so thankful you are willing to work with me....and show off your quilting work! You are the BEST!!

    Oh The pattern is called "Fool Around Fun"..just in case anyone wants to know.
    Darby is Dmyers on the QB.
    You can PM her.

    :thumbup:

  17. #17
    Super Member dmyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central, ca
    Posts
    1,191
    Oh C you make the quilt shine! It was such a pleasure to quilt. I loved looking at all the shades of purple. I'll work with you anytime!

  18. #18
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,480
    Beautiful

  19. #19
    Senior Member clynns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    975
    I love the feathers. Very nice job. What is the finished size?

  20. #20
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,914
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by clynns
    I love the feathers. Very nice job. What is the finished size?
    I can't remember what the finished size is?? And it's gone to the binder now...but the pattern is a great one because you just keep making the rows until it's the size you want....it's a square so it would make a great queen size ...this one is about a twin size.

  21. #21
    Super Member dmyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    central, ca
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Quote Originally Posted by clynns
    I love the feathers. Very nice job. What is the finished size?
    I can't remember what the finished size is?? And it's gone to the binder now...but the pattern is a great one because you just keep making the rows until it's the size you want....it's a square so it would make a great queen size ...this one is about a twin size.
    I measured it at 83" square pieced beautifully!

  22. #22
    Super Member charismah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    8,914
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by dmyers
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Quote Originally Posted by clynns
    I love the feathers. Very nice job. What is the finished size?
    I can't remember what the finished size is?? And it's gone to the binder now...but the pattern is a great one because you just keep making the rows until it's the size you want....it's a square so it would make a great queen size ...this one is about a twin size.
    I measured it at 83" square pieced beautifully!
    Thank you! :wink:

  23. #23
    Super Member MDMPanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,456
    Purple is my favorite color, so this title caught my attention and what a beauty!!!!! Such beautiful work Charismah and Darby!!!! Love it!!!

  24. #24
    Super Member 0tis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,671
    I love it..

  25. #25
    Super Member Barb_MO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,492
    Beautiful quilt, beautiful colors, beautiful quilting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.