Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: My quilt room/office

  1. #1
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Hi....I just wanted to share what I've been working on! I've repainted, reorganized and downright cleaned! This bedroom is 10' x 10' and I have to share it with my office. I found 2 oak filing cabinets at a garage sale for $5.00 each (yes, $5.00!) and painted them a lighter yellow than the room. Then we found a sliding closet door at a salvage yard for $15.00 -- it's 78" x 36"...GREAT for cutting fabric! It's just the right heighth, too, so maybe my back won't hurt as much! The thread holder was made by my step-father. He made it to be tall rather than wide, so we took it apart and switched it around...otherwise I wouldn't be able to reach the top threads (when I get them). So -- look quick -- it won't be this neat again.....LOL

    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...CRAFTROOM3.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Senior Member AtHomeSewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacific NW USA
    Posts
    896
    Looks fabulous! Great finds, and you've made them all look beautiful!
    Enjoy!

  3. #3
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    You have a very nice room!! Love how you re-worked the door and filing cabinents!!! :D :D :D

  4. #4
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    Oh, how lovely it looks. Would that mine looked as neat, ever! :?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    118
    Very cool, nice space to wrok in. Love it. happy sewing :)

  6. #6
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    Your room is very nice, and i LOVE your window!
    I always get inspired to sew, when I can see the outdoors.
    Your so funny...look quick, it'll never be this neat again! :lol:

  7. #7
    Super Member omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,053
    I like your sewing room, and the tips are grand for using in everyone's sewing room, but .... ummmmm
    where is your stash?

  8. #8
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    Wonderful room. Have fun there.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alturas, CA
    Posts
    8,403
    Looks like a gorgeous room and with some great buys.

  10. #10
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Nice!

    Ok ladies and gents!! Party at Amandasgramma's house!!!!
    Someone pick me up on the way? :)

  11. #11
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    I like your sewing room, and the tips are grand for using in everyone's sewing room, but .... ummmmm
    where is your stash?
    OH, I forgot ---- the shelves in the back have plastic shoe boxes with bits and pieces (small pieces) and to the right of the table, out of camera shot, is an area we're going to be putting shelves. Right now I have 4 of the large plastic bins full of fabric. AND in the guest room, in the dresser that no one uses, are 4 drawers full of fabric.....AND in the closet in this room.. LOL Now to get busy!!!!

    Oh - thank you everyone...it was hard work, just climbing the ladders, etc, but worth it! Now -- to go punch DH, he just walked in and said "it's still clean!!!!"....smart alec :mrgreen:

  12. #12
    Super Member omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    I like your sewing room, and the tips are grand for using in everyone's sewing room, but .... ummmmm
    where is your stash?
    OH, I forgot ---- the shelves in the back have plastic shoe boxes with bits and pieces (small pieces) and to the right of the table, out of camera shot, is an area we're going to be putting shelves. Right now I have 4 of the large plastic bins full of fabric. AND in the guest room, in the dresser that no one uses, are 4 drawers full of fabric.....AND in the closet in this room.. LOL Now to get busy!!!!

    Oh - thank you everyone...it was hard work, just climbing the ladders, etc, but worth it! Now -- to go punch DH, he just walked in and said "it's still clean!!!!"....smart alec :mrgreen:
    LOL ... what a funny little man!
    I am glad to know that your stash is in brooding ... ready to bury your clean new sewing room! I was getting worried!

  13. #13
    Super Member canmitch1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,366
    It looks really nice. Way to go!!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    hey looking good :D

  15. #15
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Your sewing room/office area is just wonderful!!! I love the huge window!!

  16. #16
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Yes, the window is something else....here' what I see out the window in the winter......we love the snow and the sun shines something like 300 days of the year. In the summer, we watch the squirrels, chipmunks, doves, quail and the deer. This is heaven on earth! :mrgreen:

    [IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...1_29_08sun.jpg[/IMG]

  17. #17
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    OMG, I'm so jealous of your view!! I bet it's just as glorious in the summer!! (My patio door overlooks a neighbor's yard and an expressway -- hear sirens all the time that sound like they're in your house! Oh, well -- I have a room which is all that matters -- right? :D :roll: )

  18. #18
    Super Member omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,053
    Your description of sun 300 days of the year sounds like you might be in the Okanogan. Are you?

  19. #19
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    No - we're in LaPine, Oregon -- south of Bend...in the very central part of Oregon. We have 1 1/2 acres...but the acreage to the north and west of us aren't built on. We feel like we're camping all the time....It's so peaceful! When we DO go camping, we realize just how noisy people are!!! In the winter, we're about the only ones in the neighborhood...everyone is snowbirds!!!! :mrgreen: THAT's why I get so many crafts done!

  20. #20
    Super Member Mplsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Villages, FL
    Posts
    1,817
    What a great room! And the view out that window is so special. My sewing is done in the basement (cave) and sometimes I just don't want to go down there. BTW, we bought the wooded lot next to us so no one would build on it.

  21. #21
    Senior Member key4unc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    584
    Great use of space. Makes me want to tidy up my room.

  22. #22
    Super Member omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    No - we're in LaPine, Oregon -- south of Bend...in the very central part of Oregon. We have 1 1/2 acres...but the acreage to the north and west of us aren't built on. We feel like we're camping all the time....It's so peaceful! When we DO go camping, we realize just how noisy people are!!! In the winter, we're about the only ones in the neighborhood...everyone is snowbirds!!!! :mrgreen: THAT's why I get so many crafts done!
    I know the area! It is truly one of the most wondrous places in the west (in my humble opinion) ... my family LOVES eastern Oregon. Never lived there, but my dad instilled a love for that region in each of his five children's hearts. Only one of us made it (Cove), but I am almost there (Central Washington). East of the mountains is GOOD!

  23. #23
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    No - we're in LaPine, Oregon -- south of Bend...in the very central part of Oregon. We have 1 1/2 acres...but the acreage to the north and west of us aren't built on. We feel like we're camping all the time....It's so peaceful! When we DO go camping, we realize just how noisy people are!!! In the winter, we're about the only ones in the neighborhood...everyone is snowbirds!!!! :mrgreen: THAT's why I get so many crafts done!
    I know the area! It is truly one of the most wondrous places in the west (in my humble opinion) ... my family LOVES eastern Oregon. Never lived there, but my dad instilled a love for that region in each of his five children's hearts. Only one of us made it (Cove), but I am almost there (Central Washington). East of the mountains is GOOD!
    It definately is!!! We both lived in the valley (Salem and west of Portland)..when we married, we both wanted to live here...so we retired and moved. Have never been sorry. Course, I don't have to go to work in the snow...LOL

  24. #24
    Super Member Darlene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,903
    Your room is great and very organized. I love it!! I just saw the snow pic and what a view that is I love it too.

  25. #25
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by key4unc
    Great use of space. Makes me want to tidy up my room.
    Maybe you ought to go lay down until that feeling goes away :roll: :roll:


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.