Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My quilt room/office

Hi....I just wanted to share what I've been working on! I've repainted, reorganized and downright cleaned! This bedroom is 10' x 10' and I have to share it with my office. I found 2 oak filing cabinets at a garage sale for $5.00 each (yes, $5.00!) and painted them a lighter yellow than the room. Then we found a sliding closet door at a salvage yard for $15.00 -- it's 78" x 36"...GREAT for cutting fabric! It's just the right heighth, too, so maybe my back won't hurt as much! The thread holder was made by my step-father. He made it to be tall rather than wide, so we took it apart and switched it around...otherwise I wouldn't be able to reach the top threads (when I get them). So -- look quick -- it won't be this neat again.....LOL

[IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...CRAFTROOM3.jpg[/IMG]

Looks fabulous! Great finds, and you've made them all look beautiful!
    Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    You have a very nice room!! Love how you re-worked the door and filing cabinents!!! :D :D :D

Oh, how lovely it looks. Would that mine looked as neat, ever! :?

Very cool, nice space to wrok in. Love it. happy sewing :)

Your room is very nice, and i LOVE your window!
    I always get inspired to sew, when I can see the outdoors.
    Your so funny...look quick, it'll never be this neat again! :lol:

I like your sewing room, and the tips are grand for using in everyone's sewing room, but .... ummmmm
    where is your stash?

Wonderful room. Have fun there.

Looks like a gorgeous room and with some great buys.

Nice!

Ok ladies and gents!! Party at Amandasgramma's house!!!!
    Someone pick me up on the way? :)

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    I like your sewing room, and the tips are grand for using in everyone's sewing room, but .... ummmmm
    where is your stash?
    OH, I forgot ---- the shelves in the back have plastic shoe boxes with bits and pieces (small pieces) and to the right of the table, out of camera shot, is an area we're going to be putting shelves. Right now I have 4 of the large plastic bins full of fabric. AND in the guest room, in the dresser that no one uses, are 4 drawers full of fabric.....AND in the closet in this room.. LOL Now to get busy!!!!

Oh - thank you everyone...it was hard work, just climbing the ladders, etc, but worth it! Now -- to go punch DH, he just walked in and said "it's still clean!!!!"....smart alec :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    where is your stash?
    OH, I forgot ---- the shelves in the back have plastic shoe boxes with bits and pieces (small pieces) and to the right of the table, out of camera shot, is an area we're going to be putting shelves. Right now I have 4 of the large plastic bins full of fabric. AND in the guest room, in the dresser that no one uses, are 4 drawers full of fabric.....AND in the closet in this room.. LOL Now to get busy!!!!

Oh - thank you everyone...it was hard work, just climbing the ladders, etc, but worth it! Now -- to go punch DH, he just walked in and said "it's still clean!!!!"....smart alec :mrgreen:
    LOL ... what a funny little man!
    I am glad to know that your stash is in brooding ... ready to bury your clean new sewing room! I was getting worried!

It looks really nice. Way to go!!

Banned
    hey looking good :D

Your sewing room/office area is just wonderful!!! I love the huge window!!

Yes, the window is something else....here' what I see out the window in the winter......we love the snow and the sun shines something like 300 days of the year. In the summer, we watch the squirrels, chipmunks, doves, quail and the deer. This is heaven on earth! :mrgreen:

[IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...1_29_08sun.jpg[/IMG]

OMG, I'm so jealous of your view!! I bet it's just as glorious in the summer!! (My patio door overlooks a neighbor's yard and an expressway -- hear sirens all the time that sound like they're in your house! Oh, well -- I have a room which is all that matters -- right? :D :roll: )

Your description of sun 300 days of the year sounds like you might be in the Okanogan. Are you?

No - we're in LaPine, Oregon -- south of Bend...in the very central part of Oregon. We have 1 1/2 acres...but the acreage to the north and west of us aren't built on. We feel like we're camping all the time....It's so peaceful! When we DO go camping, we realize just how noisy people are!!! In the winter, we're about the only ones in the neighborhood...everyone is snowbirds!!!! :mrgreen: THAT's why I get so many crafts done!

What a great room! And the view out that window is so special. My sewing is done in the basement (cave) and sometimes I just don't want to go down there. BTW, we bought the wooded lot next to us so no one would build on it.

Great use of space. Makes me want to tidy up my room.

No - we're in LaPine, Oregon -- south of Bend...in the very central part of Oregon. We have 1 1/2 acres...but the acreage to the north and west of us aren't built on. We feel like we're camping all the time....It's so peaceful! When we DO go camping, we realize just how noisy people are!!! In the winter, we're about the only ones in the neighborhood...everyone is snowbirds!!!! :mrgreen: THAT's why I get so many crafts done!
    I know the area! It is truly one of the most wondrous places in the west (in my humble opinion) ... my family LOVES eastern Oregon. Never lived there, but my dad instilled a love for that region in each of his five children's hearts. Only one of us made it (Cove), but I am almost there (Central Washington). East of the mountains is GOOD!

I know the area! It is truly one of the most wondrous places in the west (in my humble opinion) ... my family LOVES eastern Oregon. Never lived there, but my dad instilled a love for that region in each of his five children's hearts. Only one of us made it (Cove), but I am almost there (Central Washington). East of the mountains is GOOD!
    It definately is!!! We both lived in the valley (Salem and west of Portland)..when we married, we both wanted to live here...so we retired and moved. Have never been sorry. Course, I don't have to go to work in the snow...LOL

Your room is great and very organized. I love it!! I just saw the snow pic and what a view that is I love it too.

Quote Originally Posted by key4unc
    Great use of space. Makes me want to tidy up my room.
    Maybe you ought to go lay down until that feeling goes away :roll: :roll:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast