Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Second Queensize Quilt >
  • My Second Queensize Quilt

• My Second Queensize Quilt

Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shorebird
    Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
    Hi, this is the second quilt I've made for our bed. I've been working on it the last few months and wanted a soft, sort of crazy style quilt and I'm happy with how it turned out. Amazing how even the uneven freemotion on the wide panel doesn't look too bad in pics...if you don't look too closely...lol. The borders are all stitched in the ditch.

One pic shows a bit closer up of some of the blocks. I did the blocks as a quilt-as-you-go, which was another learning experience as I've never done one before. But it was fairly easy.

Thanks for looking
    Janice
    LOVE THE QUILT...the pattern is really nice. Did you paper piece or was this a piece in the hoop pattern?
    Thanks....ummm...no...I've never paper pieced or used hoop thingy you mentioned (not sure what you mean there...lol). It was kind of make it up as you go quilt as you go. I simply placed a piece of fabric radomly somewhere near the centre of the block of batting and backing and stitched it down and then added pieces radomly, trying to cover raw edges as I could until I'd filled the block. There was a lot of overlapping and I had to trim off the excess underneath after each piece was added, and then trimmed the excess around the sides of the block. Hope this makes sense. As I'm fairly new to quilting techniques I probably didn't approach it in the 'correct' manner, but it worked for me...lol
    Old 09-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Beautiful & elegant for sure!
    Old 09-18-2010, 01:31 PM

I just love the colors! It will be a nice heirloom one day.....
    Old 09-18-2010, 01:41 PM

I love it! It is very soft and elegant looking. Did you like quilt as you go?
    Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 PM

Lovely!
    Old 09-18-2010, 02:59 PM

OMG - I love this quilt - thanks for sharing
    Old 09-18-2010, 02:59 PM

YOUR QUILT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!! You should submit that to a magazine.... I LOVE IT.... So soft looking ... thanks so much for the inspiration....
    Old 09-18-2010, 03:56 PM

Love the soft and subtle colors! You should be very proud!
    Old 09-18-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Shorebird
    Hi, this is the second quilt I've made for our bed. I've been working on it the last few months and wanted a soft, sort of crazy style quilt and I'm happy with how it turned out. Amazing how even the uneven freemotion on the wide panel doesn't look too bad in pics...if you don't look too closely...lol. The borders are all stitched in the ditch.

One pic shows a bit closer up of some of the blocks. I did the blocks as a quilt-as-you-go, which was another learning experience as I've never done one before. But it was fairly easy.

Thanks for looking
    Janice
    LOVE THE QUILT...the pattern is really nice. Did you paper piece or was this a piece in the hoop pattern?
    Thanks....ummm...no...I've never paper pieced or used hoop thingy you mentioned (not sure what you mean there...lol). It was kind of make it up as you go quilt as you go. I simply placed a piece of fabric radomly somewhere near the centre of the block of batting and backing and stitched it down and then added pieces radomly, trying to cover raw edges as I could until I'd filled the block. There was a lot of overlapping and I had to trim off the excess underneath after each piece was added, and then trimmed the excess around the sides of the block. Hope this makes sense. As I'm fairly new to quilting techniques I probably didn't approach it in the 'correct' manner, but it worked for me...lol
    I have to tell you I think this looks GREAT!! For embroidery sewing machines, Nancy's Notions sells a design pack that is a crazy quilt patch that is stitched in the embroidery hoop itself, on stabilizer.....Cannot believe this is only your SECOND!!! And that you made up the pattern and fancy top stitching yourself. You are truly talented!!! and we look forward to pictures of your new creations as you complete them.
    Old 09-18-2010, 04:10 PM

I dream of having a beautiful quilt like this on my bed. Someday when I no longer have a long-haired black cat, maybe. You have inspired me. I love the Victorian look.