Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Sewing Room >

My Sewing Room

My Sewing Room

Old 01-07-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by fktsewing
great organization and lovely quilts---where did you get the decals that you have above the window and on the chest of drawers. I love them.
I got them at my local Michael’s. They are decals. They were so cute I just had to have them!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Greendragon6889
Yes, Where did you get the pattern for the quilting frame ?
Lots of trials and errors…. I bought the “rails” (shelf hangers) first, the GMQ Pro Carriage upgrade from Grace Comp., measured the distance from the machine bed to the table, cut some holes in a board at the proper height, used garden poles as my rails and lots and lots of clamps.

:-) :-) :lol:
Old 01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Dkm

So neat....puts me to shame, but every time I clean up I lose something..LOL
Old 01-07-2010, 04:40 PM

your sewing room is great I bet you have lots of fun in there. I wish I was as organised
Old 01-07-2010, 05:06 PM

All you need is a sign that says "Got Thread?"
Old 01-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Wow! all your embroidery threads...looks like my room. I have mine all lined up on the walls as well, just as you do. Thanks for sending pics. I liked your drawers of FQ's,too. Most of all I was really astounded at your homemade quilter. It must be a really prized pocession. What kind of machine are you using for your work? I didn't recognize it in the pics. Anyway, my impression is, "Fantastic!" / Lissa
Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by bourvel
Great and very organized sewing room, I envy all your thread racks, your room is very inspiring. I have my mother's old sewing desk also and my sewing machine sits on top, it's giving me a lot of shoulders and neck pains and I was looking for a new setup, your lift might be a solution but I wonder I come your sewing machine is not level with the top of the sewing desk.
The machine that was sitting on the desk is much too long to work with the lift. I use that machine with the quilting frame and when I embroider larger items. I use my 2140 with the lift and it fits just perfect and very Level!

:thumbup:
Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 PM

For those of you coveting my threads …. It’s a long story. I inherited much of my thread collection. A neighbor of mine passed away at a very young age, she was in her early 50’s. Her father and her husband knew I loved crafting and asked if I could use some thread and fabric…….. Little did I know that she was a quilter and an embroiderer too. I think of her every time I pick up a thread. The knitting machine was her mother’s. I have made many baby quilts and sweaters using their sewing items. I know they would both be pleased, in a way their legacy lives on!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lissa
Wow! all your embroidery threads...looks like my room. I have mine all lined up on the walls as well, just as you do. Thanks for sending pics. I liked your drawers of FQ's,too. Most of all I was really astounded at your homemade quilter. It must be a really prized pocession. What kind of machine are you using for your work? I didn't recognize it in the pics. Anyway, my impression is, "Fantastic!" / Lissa
I am using my Pfaff Creative 2.0....... Saving my pennies for a Bailey's Home Quilter. Here is another view of the frame...

Back of frame
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64009[/ATTACH]

Bar
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64010[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64004.jpe   attachment-64005.jpe  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Every quilter would love to have a studio like yours. It is so organized and great place to create.