Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: my side of the bed quilt

This is a quilt I made to avoid doubling over a normal sized quilt as hubby doesn't want a quilt on him.

Monique3723

quilted and tied quilt
    Name:  Attachment-4718.jpe
Views: 122
Size:  51.4 KB

Blog Entries
    That's a great idea and a really pretty quilt! I love the colors and quilting.

What?!? Someone doesn't like to sleep with a quilt? :lol:

Very pretty. Can you take another picture of it hanging up. its a little hard to see. It looks live it would also make a nice hanging quilt for those patriotic times.

Pretty! I bet hubby steals it while you're sleeping! :D :D

Monique,
    Great quilt! I can certainly identify with why you made it. We have the same problem at our house. I have two small quilts on my side and,heaven forbid, one of them should get on my husbands side of the bed!

When we were in Germany we stayed in a hotel that put two comforters on the bed. There was no fighting for the covers and you could just roll up in your own little cocoon. I've thought several times I should just get two comforters for our bed at home also.

:-)

Izy
    I wish you all hadn't come up with solutions to tooo hot husbands....I was pushing for single beds as a way to get over the problem tee hee ......!!!! :lol: :lol:

My husband just tosses the quilts off. So far I haven't heard any complaining...but I said so far...lol. That is a great idea and a great quilt

Nice quilt, but I just don't understand "doubling over a normal sized quilt" - ?

Why is it so long?

I found a way that made my husband allow me to put an extra blanket on the bed. I kept moving the temperature down until he finally said, it's cold in here, we need another blanket. Since I use a twin size electric blanket on my side only (we have a king size bed) he was getting colder while I was still comfy. Well, he still pushes the quilt off, but at least we have another blanket under that now till spring get here - if ever.
    Jan in Vermont

I have a quilt and 2 blankets on my bed. He moved to his own bedroom when my snoring drove him out! He now has a quilt and a blanket. He figured out that it is cold without another body other than the dog...

Anita

The reason it is long was that I thought I'd like to do a pillow tuck with it and one needs about 10" extra or more to do that. I think it is around 96" long and 55" wide.......

Monique

I had this really nice quilt on the bed and my husband would fold it over double so it was totally on my side of the bed....that's how it always got doubled over and then it was too warm for me. The skinny quilt works great....

Monique

bj
    I use a twin size quilt on my side, and then we have 2 other quilts that cover the whole bed. I'm lucky my dh is kindof cold-natured, too. He sleeps with one of the pillows with a sham on his feet! We stay pretty toasty with our 80 lb. boxer in between us. Our only sleeping issue seems to be that I kick and wiggle too much to suit them.

So am I the ONLY WIFE that gets hot??? :)
    It's MY HUSBAND that wants the quile on him at night and it's ME that throws it offr!!! roflol :)

LaQuita

clever idea