Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My sorry attempt at a mini-bargello >
  • My sorry attempt at a mini-bargello

• My sorry attempt at a mini-bargello

Old 02-16-2010, 04:27 AM

Your bargello is beautiful! Great job! And congrats on having the determination to seam rip those couple of rows and fix them. I'm not a good fixer person so I usually find excuses not to resew. :-P

Have you decided how you will quilt it? I'm working on a bargello right now as well but haven't decided on quilting yet. I'll probably end up doing it like I've seen several others done, corner to corner of each square, following the rows. Seems the easiest. I'll be looking for how you finish yours!
    Old 02-16-2010, 05:50 AM

Ir looks fabulous. Well worth the rework. Good job!!!!!
    Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 AM

You persevered and have a wonderful wall hanging to show for it!! I admire you for stepping outside of your comfort zone. It is hard to do (I know) but doesn't it feel great in the end?! I think you need one of the shirts I made for my friend. If you pm me with your info I would be happy to make you one as a reward!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-9609.jpe  
    Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 AM

Great shirt...is the embroidery pattern copywrited...or can I use the idea :-D
    Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
    Your bargello is beautiful! Great job! And congrats on having the determination to seam rip those couple of rows and fix them. I'm not a good fixer person so I usually find excuses not to resew. :-P

Have you decided how you will quilt it? I'm working on a bargello right now as well but haven't decided on quilting yet. I'll probably end up doing it like I've seen several others done, corner to corner of each square, following the rows. Seems the easiest. I'll be looking for how you finish yours!
    Thank YOU Rachel! I had been debating on how to quilt it and really had no idea. I didn't want to do SID because it's not perfectly straight and I don't want to accentuate that. But I love your idea of corner to corner of each square and that is precisely what I'm gearing up to do today. I'll post pics when I'm done :)
    Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Sharon M
    You persevered and have a wonderful wall hanging to show for it!! I admire you for stepping outside of your comfort zone. It is hard to do (I know) but doesn't it feel great in the end?! I think you need one of the shirts I made for my friend. If you pm me with your info I would be happy to make you one as a reward!!!
    HA HA HA that is SO cute!! I could have worn that baby out the last few days. Just PM'd you :)
    Old 02-16-2010, 07:00 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by omak
    I was just reviewing the title to your thread, and I think you need to ask the administrator to change it!
    Perhaps "My journey with a mini-bargello"
    or .. A mini-bargello with teachable moments!" LOL <wave>
    a job well-done. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Omak I think you may be right on. It was certainly a journey! And I have a feeling that the quilting part will be another journey all unto itself :)
    Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
    Originally Posted by omak
    I was just reviewing the title to your thread, and I think you need to ask the administrator to change it!
    Perhaps "My journey with a mini-bargello"
    or .. A mini-bargello with teachable moments!" LOL <wave>
    a job well-done. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Omak I think you may be right on. It was certainly a journey! And I have a feeling that the quilting part will be another journey all unto itself :)
    Doggone! I know what you mean! I love quilting because of the colors and the angles, but the angles sort of create a challenge in the quilting process, since we tend to think "rounded" in the concept. Like living in a paradox of some kind ... or, worst yet! psychotic state of confusion! LOL Anyway, if you go back to what the basics of the quilting process is all about - - connecting three layers of product to prevent the inside layer from shifting ... and the most basic concept of quilting is tying .... the quilting idea becomes a bit easier. Anything above tying every five inches becomes exceptional most of the time <g> <wave>
    Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 AM

It looks wonderful. I think I would like to make one. Maybe you could be my coach.
    Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 AM

It came out great! It's a pain to rip out, but you'll be much happier in the end that you did. Nice job!