Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • My Star Block Sampler        7/5/09 >
  • My Star Block Sampler 7/5/09

• My Star Block Sampler 7/5/09

Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 AM

Thank you for posting all the pics. I really love the pinwheel and star block. The whole quilt is wonderful.
    Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM

Your points are PERFECT. You don't even need paperpiecing to make them so great.
    Old 03-13-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
    Your points are PERFECT. You don't even need paperpiecing to make them so great.
    Thank you Sara! Not all of them are perfect though. :lol:
    Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
    They must not be pictured??
    Old 03-13-2010, 11:36 AM

They must not be pictured??
    I'll try to find one and post it!
    Old 03-13-2010, 11:42 AM

Your experiments with layouts was lots of fun for me. I agree, it's as fun as a quilt magazine. Only 2 weeks to finish them! Did you eat or sleep? I really like that Carolyns star. It looks time consuming but well worth the effort.
    If you enjoy seeing my "experiments with layouts", just wait until I post my "Green 8 Point Stars/Janet's Quilt". I thought I'd never get that one figured out. I kept having to change it!!!
    Old 03-13-2010, 11:47 AM

You know what, that is one gorgeous quilt! Congrats to you!
    Old 03-13-2010, 07:04 PM

Quilting Forum -> Private Messages (Inbox)

Subject: Re: Star Block Sampler

The star and pinwheel block is the one I was thinking about! It's so striking with that tiny black print! I love it.

I forgot, there's that word again, to ask you how you piece so perfectly - is it with a 1/4" foot while being so young at quilting? If you had PP'd those blocks they would not have turned out any better - that's how precise your piecing is - so you don't really need PPing unless you do a NYBeauty or something similar to that.

talk later. n2.

Hi everybody! I thought I would post this PM so that every one would see it and the answers.

The tiny black print in the Star and Pinwheel block is actually a navy blue. I love that block. It is so pretty.
    As for how I "piece so perfectly", I pin everything to avoid it slipping when I sew. I don't have a 1/4" foot but I would love to get one! I just took my sewing machine out to the quilt store here so they could tell me what kind to get, low shank, high shank, or slant? I really don't know much about sewing machines, other than how to use them.
    I really don't know why my blocks usually turn out pretty good. I just assumed that everyone's did like mine.

Now I have a question. What is a NY Beauty? Post a picture if you can. I want to thank everybody on this site for their compliments and interest in my quilts. It is fun to share and receive your messages. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!! Have a Great Day!
    Marilyn
    I want to sincerely apologize for putting the PM message on this page. I had seen it done and I had no idea or should I say, I didn't even think about the consequences of doing this. Please forgive me everybody. It won't happen again.
    Old 03-13-2010, 07:28 PM

Quilting Forum -> Private Messages (Inbox)

Subject: Re: Star Block Sampler

The star and pinwheel block is the one I was thinking about! It's so striking with that tiny black print! I love it.

I forgot, there's that word again, to ask you how you piece so perfectly - is it with a 1/4" foot while being so young at quilting? If you had PP'd those blocks they would not have turned out any better - that's how precise your piecing is - so you don't really need PPing unless you do a NYBeauty or something similar to that.

talk later. n2.

Hi everybody! I thought I would post this PM so that every one would see it and the answers.

The tiny black print in the Star and Pinwheel block is actually a navy blue. I love that block. It is so pretty.
    As for how I "piece so perfectly", I pin everything to avoid it slipping when I sew. I don't have a 1/4" foot but I would love to get one! I just took my sewing machine out to the quilt store here so they could tell me what kind to get, low shank, high shank, or slant? I really don't know much about sewing machines, other than how to use them.
    I really don't know why my blocks usually turn out pretty good. I just assumed that everyone's did like mine.

Now I have a question. What is a NY Beauty? Post a picture if you can. I want to thank everybody on this site for their compliments and interest in my quilts. It is fun to share and receive your messages. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!! Have a Great Day!
    Marilyn
    I want to sincerely apologize for putting the PM message on this page. I had seen it done and I had no idea or should I say, I didn't even think about the consequences of doing this. Please forgive me everybody. It won't happen again.
    I especially want to apologize to n2scraplvr for this betrayal.
    Old 03-19-2010, 04:48 PM

nice job