Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
my WIPS are out of control >

my WIPS are out of control

my WIPS are out of control

Old 11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

at least you have them done
Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 AM

Which is exactly why I am working on WIPS before I start anything new. It's hard because there is so much I want to do and I went on a bit of a fabric buying spree on October because I just "couldn't resist". It's an addiction. And the first step is to admit you have a problem. I finished quilting something on Monday that has been pieced for 5 years and the quilt sandwich has been done for 2 years. I really didn't like it because it was dull colors and I have moved more into scrappiness and brighter fabrics. My MIL was here for 2 1/2 weeks and when she saw it, she loved it, so that was motivation for me to finish it and gift it to her. Now I'm down to 5 tops that need to be quilted. I think I'll send one out. And 5-8 projects in the works. Tempting to start something new with the pretty fabrics I have acquired, but I am resisting.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by christinetindell View Post
Which is exactly why I am working on WIPS before I start anything new. It's hard because there is so much I want to do and I went on a bit of a fabric buying spree on October because I just "couldn't resist". It's an addiction. And the first step is to admit you have a problem. I finished quilting something on Monday that has been pieced for 5 years and the quilt sandwich has been done for 2 years. I really didn't like it because it was dull colors and I have moved more into scrappiness and brighter fabrics. My MIL was here for 2 1/2 weeks and when she saw it, she loved it, so that was motivation for me to finish it and gift it to her. Now I'm down to 5 tops that need to be quilted. I think I'll send one out. And 5-8 projects in the works. Tempting to start something new with the pretty fabrics I have acquired, but I am resisting.
it is an addiction.As I am working on the pile my brain is spinning on future projects.so many things I want to try yet.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:59 AM

I love to piece so have a rule after 5 piecing projects are completed - I sandwich and FMQ. I once let my pile get too large and vowed never to do that again
Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Wow! You have been a busy girl!!!!!