Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Name of this pattern >

Name of this pattern

Name of this pattern

Old 03-31-2007, 05:26 AM

OK I can solve the mystery.... we can call it Beth's and place it in my closet.Ha! Will send address where to ship. Ha! It is stunning and know you are proud to own it.
Beth
Old 03-31-2007, 07:38 AM

Susan s.
I had posted this picture as it was one of 24 quilts we found when we started going through my m-i-l's things after her death last October. As it seemed to be an unusual pattern to me I thought maybe the wonderful subscribers to this forum could help me. I took pictures of all the quilts before we divided them up. Didn't really want to take them to auction. Some of the quilts had been made by my m-i-l and some had been made by her mother. I can only hope to someday be able to make something as nice as those I have seen on this board.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:40 AM

Beth
I would love to call it that . . . . but as for going in your closet . .. . . I am a little partial to it myself. Thanks for the offer to take it off my hands anyway. :-)
Judy
Attached Thumbnails american-wreath.jpeg  
Old 03-31-2007, 08:07 AM

Hi. I don't know the name of the quilt, but it looks like that's already been taken care of. I really like this. Very pretty.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Josie54
Thanks ladies for all your quick replies. For those of you who read my previous posts, this was another one of my m-i-l's quilts. Only thing is I don't know if she made it or her mother had made it. I do know it is older than 25 years - because I never saw it before we went through everything. Once again thanks - and if anybody is interested in a truckload or 2 of snow let me know. :lol:
Very pretty quilt. I'll take some snow....
Old 09-06-2008, 08:21 AM

I just checked through my book "5500 Quilt Block Designs" and it shows it being called.............Palm Leaf Hosannah.........I hope that helps

Barb
Old 09-06-2008, 08:38 AM

No idea on the name of the pattern. I just wanted to put a bug in your ear about documentation on the quilts. For the quilts that you *know* that your MIL made, put a label on the back with her name and a date range for when you believe it was made.

You may want to enlist the help of a quilt historian to determine which quilts were made by her mother, and get labels on hers too. It'll REALLY matter in a generation or two. These are family heirlooms, and doing the legwork now will be easier than in 50 years.