Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Name of this Quilt?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    Does anyone know the pattern name of this Quilt? I hope I am posting this correctly.
    Thanks,
    Sue

    Floral Watercolor Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-27639.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  77.5 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member Maggiesmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    2,013
    Blog Entries
    1
    I saw a pattern recently in a magazine that was similar and I think it was Blocks around the world or Around the World Blocks. Whatever it is this one is beautiful. Sorry I can't be of more help.

  3. #3
    Super Member danmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Parsons, Ks
    Posts
    1,651
    I don't know either but It's beautiful! Looks like very small pieces.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    Thanks, all I know is it is supposed to be an easy strip pieced quilt. You cut 2" strips.

  5. #5
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    Wow, love the quilt!

  6. #6
    Super Member Toto's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    1,776
    Don't know the name of the pattern, but it sure is pretty!

  7. #7
    studio-christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    128
    it looks like a color wash variation, maybe "Many Trips Around the World"?

  8. #8
    Super Member Pats8e8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hesperia, CA
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by studio-christine
    it looks like a color wash variation, maybe "Many Trips Around the World"?
    Yes, that sounds like it, just one of those blocks, made in a full quilt size is called "Trip Around the World", so I would think "Many Trips Around the World" might be the name of it also.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    861
    I saw this book. Very similar, but don't know if its exactly the same.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/compose...topicnum=40511

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    Karen, the link did not work--it was to reply and I am still not sure how to find my way around this board.

    By the way, LOVE your red and white quilt. Also, we used to live about 40 miles southwest of Cleveland.

    Thanks,
    Sue

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    861
    Oops sorry. Try this one:
    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-2...s-designs.aspx

    You used to live 40miles sw of Cleveland?
    Wellington? Amherst? I'm curious..where?

    Quote Originally Posted by wyosue
    Karen, the link did not work--it was to reply and I am still not sure how to find my way around this board.

    By the way, LOVE your red and white quilt. Also, we used to live about 40 miles southwest of Cleveland.

    Thanks,
    Sue

  12. #12
    Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in my sewing room...
    Posts
    626
    Blog Entries
    7
    Ohhhh, it's very pretty!! Sorry, don't know the name, though.

  13. #13
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,282
    I'm pretty sure that it's a variation of Trip Around the World.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    157
    Mini Trip around the world.
    Made with 1 1/2 inch strips, you need 1 dark block for center of each 1 1/2. then strips in color choice sewn in vertical strips and cut into 1 1/2 in strips. Make 6 strip sets so color 1 is at the top of first one and color 2 is at top of next and so on. So when strips are sewn together it looks like you are stepping down.

    But I guess you can use what size strip you want. Mine was the above size and turn out great. Sorry I don't have pic. Was a gift.

  15. #15
    Super Member Barb_MO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,494
    This pattern is in the book Tradition with a Twist. I have it marked at Amazon.com to purchase. Think the author is Blanche Young.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    I had that book and sold it--DUMB!!!!!

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    Wellington

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    We lived in Wellington.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric-holic
    Oops sorry. Try this one:
    http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-2...s-designs.aspx

    You used to live 40miles sw of Cleveland?
    Wellington? Amherst? I'm curious..where?

    Quote Originally Posted by wyosue
    Karen, the link did not work--it was to reply and I am still not sure how to find my way around this board.

    By the way, LOVE your red and white quilt. Also, we used to live about 40 miles southwest of Cleveland.

    Thanks,
    Sue

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    861
    We lived in Wellington.
    Small world. I used to live all around that area for 30 years. Wakeman, Vermilion, Sheffield Lake, Lorain. I used to go to Wellington all the time and go to the antique stores.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Katiequiltsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Science Hill,Kentucky
    Posts
    329
    If the pieces are smaller than two inch squares that is a postage stamp quilt.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    If you want to read My Story about how we ended up in Wyoming you can go to my website. It should be in my signature at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric-holic
    We lived in Wellington.
    Small world. I used to live all around that area for 30 years. Wakeman, Vermilion, Sheffield Lake, Lorain. I used to go to Wellington all the time and go to the antique stores.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by wyosue
    If you want to read My Story about how we ended up in Wyoming you can go to my website. It should be in my signature at the bottom.
    I went right to your website and read it! Interesting and brave! lol. Moving there in a quick decision....but, WOW, you have beautiful scenery, that's for sure!! I love the mountains out west. I've been to all the western states several times in my life. But I couldn't live where you are. I have to be in a real city with traffic, noisy neighbors, air pollution, etc. I'm screwy, I know. :) But I'd love to come visit y'all!!

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    102
    You can come visit any time--Dale loves to be "Tour Guide".

  24. #24
    esteemarlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    15
    Beautiful quilt! I love the water color look it has.

  25. #25
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,861
    I am not sure but, it really looks like a lights and shadows variation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.