Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: need help deciding on the outer border

  1. #1
    Super Member mimom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    chesterfield, mi
    Posts
    1,620
    this is a warm wishes I am making for my Grandmother in Florida, I am trying to decide on the outer final border, 4" white or the floral focal fabric.

    if I go with white the binding will be the floral, and floral if I go with the white

    inner border is white, middle is a sage green
    Name:  Attachment-190622.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  26.4 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member QuiltnCowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calif (San Joaquin Valley)
    Posts
    3,591
    Blog Entries
    6
    Had you considered using the yellow or pink & binding in the floral?

  3. #3
    Super Member mimom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    chesterfield, mi
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Had you considered using the yellow or pink & binding in the floral?
    I dont want to bring out any more of those colors as my GM's living room is more in the green side and I am using yellow for the backing so I wont have enough and the pink would be too much I think

  4. #4
    Junior Member skitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY: native Floridian
    Posts
    278
    Blog Entries
    2
    Since your inter border is white I would definitely go with the floral so that you would not have two borders of the same color together.

  5. #5
    Super Member QuiltnCowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calif (San Joaquin Valley)
    Posts
    3,591
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by skitter
    Since your inter border is white I would definitely go with the floral so that you would not have two borders of the same color together.
    My suggestion too was because of the white border you already have. So how about the floral for the 4" border & then bind in the green? So that you are bringing in more of the green to go with her room.

  6. #6
    T-Bones mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by skitter
    Since your inter border is white I would definitely go with the floral so that you would not have two borders of the same color together.
    My suggestion too was because of the white border you already have. So how about the floral for the 4" border & then bind in the green? So that you are bringing in more of the green to go with her room.
    That's what I was thinking. Your quilt is gorgeous.

  7. #7
    Super Member mimom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    chesterfield, mi
    Posts
    1,620
    I went with floral and it was the right choice, I will post pictures when I have all 4 sides sewn on

    thanks ladies

  8. #8
    Senior Member redturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    908
    i would do white w/ a green for the binding...

    or the floral for the binding would work...might be too much of the floral and pull the focus from the patches if you use it for the border...

    which ever way you go i cant wait to see it finished...it is beautiful

  9. #9
    Super Member MinnieKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    northern Minnesota
    Posts
    4,520
    Blog Entries
    3
    I would use the floral for both the outer border and the binding.

  10. #10
    Super Member QuiltnCowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calif (San Joaquin Valley)
    Posts
    3,591
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by mimom
    I went with floral and it was the right choice, I will post pictures when I have all 4 sides sewn on

    thanks ladies
    Can't wait to see it!

  11. #11
    Super Member donnajean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Holland, PA
    Posts
    4,321
    I vote for a pink floral outer border & then binding in green.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brookfield, OH
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by skitter
    Since your inter border is white I would definitely go with the floral so that you would not have two borders of the same color together.
    I agree with the floral for the border but I would make the binding with the floral also. This will give a nice frame around the quilt-kind of like the mats in a picture frame. IMHO Great Job!

    :thumbup: :thumbup:

  13. #13
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Beautiful quilt!! I love the soft colors :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.