Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help with deciding what pattern to use to make this quilt

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    A very dear friend of mine loves bunnies so I bought this fabric to make a lap quilt for her. I am not sure what pattern to use to show off the bunnies. Any ideas would be most appreciated
    Please keep in mind am a novice quilter at best so I need something fairly simple. I only have one tan, should I get another tan to go along or take the tan out. But then it would all be green and I really don't want that. Open to any and all suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think Warm Wishes would work well with those fabrics. Here's a link to a bed size version. http://www.quiltmaker.com/content_do...DoubleSize.pdf

And here's a link to a baby quilt size. http://www.ashevillequiltguild.org/A...or%20Linus.pdf

If you search Warm Wishes on this board, there are posts with pictures of this quilt made by some of the members. Lots of great inspiration!

beautiful fabrics! I might add just a bit of white in there depending on the design you go with. maybe something with a large square to show off the bunnies

maybe a disapearing 9 patch

Your fabric choices are wonderful. I would be loathe to cut up the bunnies. Maybe something where there are fairly large pieces of that so you can see several bunnies together. I cannot suggest a particular one, but maybe just large squares and strips of the others.

Warm Wishes pattern would be perfect for those fabrics. I love them all..especially partial to those greens!!

I love your bunny fabric, Myrna, and your coordinating fabrics are perfect with it.

I think the Warm Wishes pattern would look great, but here is another idea.

This is a pattern off of the Moda Bake Shop blog that would keep your bunny fabric in one piece. You could just use this as an idea and go from there.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/12/...ing-quilt.html

i'D VOTE FOR WARM WISHES OR ATTIC WINDOWS

You have beautiful fabric. I would not want to cut it up too small. You could use the rabbit print as a backing and then make blocks for the front from the others.

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    I vote for warm wishes........ I just love that pattern it goes fast but looks like it took forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    I love your bunny fabric, Myrna, and your coordinating fabrics are perfect with it.

This is a pattern off of the Moda Bake Shop blog that would keep your bunny fabric in one piece. You could just use this as an idea and go from there.

Ooh, I like that idea too!

I vote for Warm Wishes pattern. Keep the tan and use one of the greens for the inside border and use the bunnies again for an outside border.

Warm wishes would work so perfect with that pattern and your color choices too.. you wouldnt lose your bunnies!!

Show us what you decided to do!!

I like the warm wishes pattern but for something different how about an Irish Chain.

Blog Entries
    I think a snow ball pattern would be nice, sure would show off hose bunnies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    I think a snow ball pattern would be nice, sure would show off hose bunnies.
    Don't you think the country has had enough snow????? :lol: :lol: :lol: OHHHHHHHHHHH you mean the quilt pattern!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow, love your fabric, Could you also cut some of them off and applique on some blocks in the corners, that way looks like they are all over the quilt. Have fun!

Karen

Please don't do a One Block Wonder or anything where you cut it into tiny pieces. It freaks me out when animal fabrics get cut off and you have headless bunnies and various other misplaced appendages :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe something where you alternate - big bunny block, star block (or something with piecing). So that way you keep the bunnies while doing something more complicated than just big squares.

Thanks for posting the warm wishes links. I had misplaced my copy of the directions for the small size. Now...to use it!
    lots2do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Please don't do a One Block Wonder or anything where you cut it into tiny pieces. It freaks me out when animal fabrics get cut off and you have headless bunnies and various other misplaced appendages :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I am making a ballerina quilt and just couldn't cut the ballerinas so I used the fabric as 2 panels with pieced blocks around them and in the middle. So far it looks beatiful. I also have a fabric with Saint Francis that I couldn't cut do to the same issue so I am now going to make a quilt with the same pattern exactly like the ballerina.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    I had a piece of fabric that my Hubby wanted me to keep whole when I was making a quilt for my nephew...I think the bunnies would work well for this too! I basically made up the quilt on my own. I hope you don't mind me posting my picture on your thread, but I wanted to show you how well the quilt looked with the "whole cloth" center, as my Hubby calls it, in case it could be a consideration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia

Myrna, I agree ... your fabric choices are excellent!

I love the figgy pudding quilt, both front and back. What a great way to use a nice piece of novelty fabric.

Rather Be Quiling...great quilt to keep the main fabric intact. Very nice!

For the bunny fabric, Warm Wishes was my first thought. But a snowball block of the bunnies, as suggested, alteranted with a Friendship Star or Ohio Star in the other fabrics, would work up great also!

I know I sound like a broken record.. but this would be good fabric to use in a Disappearing 9 Patch for the corners where it stays whole.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
    I had a piece of fabric that my Hubby wanted me to keep whole when I was making a quilt for my nephew...I think the bunnies would work well for this too! I basically made up the quilt on my own. I hope you don't mind me posting my picture on your thread, but I wanted to show you how well the quilt looked with the "whole cloth" center, as my Hubby calls it, in case it could be a consideration.
    Your quilt is a FINE example of using panels and adding the challenge and interest of a block surround. That is soooo clever!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast