Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Need opinion >

Need opinion

Need opinion

Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM

I knew an elderly lady and her most favorite thing was a pink teddy bear her cousin made and she didn't have alzheimers disease, she actually was very up on current events. I think you know the lady you are making the quilt for and if you are doubtful I definately would make a more sophisticated quilt. I love the one you made, pink is such a nice color.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Banned

If you have any scraps left of the cat fabric, why not show her surreptitiously, and see what her reaction is. She may already have lots of "mature" cat decor items and something that exudes whimsy and playfulness might be just what she'd like. It could possibly remind her of days gone by when her children were small and full of wonder and the memories all those moments gave her. A gift basket with the quilt, the book, teas and cookies would be so cool! Plus, she may have a baby in her family that she could possibly pass the quilt and book on to, thus creating an heirloom for her family to cherish.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned

Doh...my edits aren't working this morning. Regarding my above post, I had suggested a complementary memory book for her to write down her memories of her life to accompany the quilt.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:36 AM

I guess I'm an odd ball...I know that most the ladies I know that age would love the fabric and the color....I can see them smiling as they see the kitty...good luck on making your decision....babeegirl had a grand idea....good to keep in mind...thanks for the tip babeegirl... :D