Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102

Thread: Need some honest feedback please.

  1. #1
    Super Member valsma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,625
    I would like some honest feedback on this block. Honest but not brutal please. I'm sorry the quality of the picture isn't that great but it's a lousy camera. How does this look? I'm not very good at picking fabrics that work well together but these all carry at least one coordinating color from the floral print. Any advice? Thanks.
    Tammy

    I changed the block a little. How about this?
    Name:  Attachment-201941.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  44.1 KB

    or this?
    Name:  Attachment-201942.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  49.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Super Member quiltnut4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    2,236
    I think it looks good. you have the light medium and dark in my opinion in the right places, makes the floral stand out. :thumbup:

  3. #3
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    13,127
    Tammy, it looks great!
    Your color combinations are wonderful!

  4. #4
    Senior Member GrammaBabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Middleboro,MA
    Posts
    613
    i like it very much!

  5. #5
    Senior Member DawnMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    842
    Blog Entries
    9
    I like it.

  6. #6
    Super Member Leota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,645
    Looks good... good color coordination and perfect points :D

  7. #7
    TeddyB1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    361
    Pretty, I like it too

  8. #8
    Super Member valsma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Leota
    Looks good... good color coordination and perfect points :D
    Let's hope when I sew them together the points are still perfect, right now they are just sitting on the board un-sewn. Thanks though.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    350
    I love it when other people are experimenting with something new and your colors are great.

  10. #10
    Super Member Snorky Lvs2Quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Calif.
    Posts
    2,307
    Excellent! Your color combination is great. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    OK you went and added some more blocks.....I still like the first one and the second one is a very close second. Any of them will work. I like the looks of that block.

  11. #11
    Senior Member mosquitosewgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    I would like some honest feedback on this block. Honest but not brutal please. I'm sorry the quality of the picture isn't that great but it's a lousy camera. How does this look? I'm not very good at picking fabrics that work well together but these all carry at least one coordinating color from the floral print. Any advice? Thanks.
    Tammy
    One of my favorite blocks! While you did a great job making sure that the colors carry throughout, I might try a slightly different combination. I found that only using three colors worked better for me. When I get home I can send a picture of one of my blocks if that might help.

    I am looking forward to seeing the finished product because with the four colors that you have used, I think the corners will play a much larger roll in the overall pattern than the HSTs do in the one I'm working on.

  12. #12
    NoBetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    160
    I like the colors. It will look nice when it's done.

  13. #13
    Senior Member laughingquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    993
    I like it! You have the various values represented as well as different textures within your fabrics......great job!

  14. #14
    Super Member MaryAnnMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Posts
    1,670
    looks good to me! keep going, and be sure and show us the final product.

  15. #15
    Super Member needles3thread's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,373
    Looks good to me.

  16. #16
    Super Member valsma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    I would like some honest feedback on this block. Honest but not brutal please. I'm sorry the quality of the picture isn't that great but it's a lousy camera. How does this look? I'm not very good at picking fabrics that work well together but these all carry at least one coordinating color from the floral print. Any advice? Thanks.
    Tammy
    One of my favorite blocks! While you did a great job making sure that the colors carry throughout, I might try a slightly different combination. I found that only using three colors worked better for me. When I get home I can send a picture of one of my blocks if that might help.
    Yes, thank you that would.

  17. #17
    dd
    dd is offline
    Super Member dd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,776
    I think the center square should be changed but not sure to what. The black maybe? Or a plain color to match the darker flower?

  18. #18
    Super Member mcdaniel023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,621
    Blog Entries
    3
    I am going to be really honest. I like everything about it.

  19. #19
    Super Member mcdaniel023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,621
    Blog Entries
    3
    double post....sorry. Never did that before. :oops:

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    5
    I like your color choices - think it looks fine!

  21. #21
    Senior Member mosquitosewgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    I would like some honest feedback on this block. Honest but not brutal please. I'm sorry the quality of the picture isn't that great but it's a lousy camera. How does this look? I'm not very good at picking fabrics that work well together but these all carry at least one coordinating color from the floral print. Any advice? Thanks.
    Tammy
    One of my favorite blocks! While you did a great job making sure that the colors carry throughout, I might try a slightly different combination. I found that only using three colors worked better for me. When I get home I can send a picture of one of my blocks if that might help.
    Yes, thank you that would.
    I will do that....

  22. #22
    Super Member ccb2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Troy, MO
    Posts
    2,243
    They all look good to me.

  23. #23
    Super Member LoriEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NJ
    Posts
    2,726
    Blog Entries
    10
    I like all the combinations. Will be waiting to see what mosquitosewgirl's 3 fabric block looks like.

  24. #24
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    49,426
    Blog Entries
    53
    i think it depends whether you will be sashing it. and whether you want a secondary 'stripe' pattern. personally, i like the first pic

  25. #25
    Super Member Vicki W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,063
    I like all three.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.