Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need your help with an Easy Jelly Roll Quilt Gone Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Janquiltz
    To make a simple change and balance it out a little more, cut off about 1/2 side to side where you have the green and purple stripes without white and attach those to the other end where the stripes are white and purple. Leave the one green stripe (amongst the white and purple "row") where it is. Just as individuals are, quilts can be unique too. You could do a piano key border in the purple, greens, and white and then either bind it with a green or purple. Or you could just bind it with a scrappy binding using all the purples, greens, and white. Look forward to seeing what you wind up doing. I am sure your son will love it no matter what you do to finish it up - cause his Mom made it just for him.
    Ditto to this suggestion. Love the colors too and he will love it for sure. Happy Quilting.

Thanks-I knew I could count on you all. :)

I would just cut it down the middle & sew the mostly white side to the green side. That way you would end up with the white & green long strips together in the middle of the quilt. That would make only one cut & one seam to sew together.

I'm with you, cut into sections and rearrange.

I don't know how big you want the quilt, but with the way it's sewn, you could cut 5/8/10inch (your choice) wide strips and sash with purple. Kind of like the "Chinese Coin" quilts. I don't know what else they're called. That way you can arrange the strips however you want to balance the color and it would DEFINITELY look intentional. :)

Maybe slice it into strips and add another stronger or darker purple. Sort of think of Ricky Timms convergence style.

2nd idea is to use paintsticks and a stencil to help cover the light so that it doesn't dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki1002
    I don't know how big you want the quilt, but with the way it's sewn, you could cut 5/8/10inch (your choice) wide strips and sash with purple. Kind of like the "Chinese Coin" quilts. I don't know what else they're called. That way you can arrange the strips however you want to balance the color and it would DEFINITELY look intentional. :)
    This sounds neat too. Plus, this would add more fabric to it since so far it is small.

I have some other things I'm working on now but wanted to get some ideas of what to do when I am ready to get going on this again.

Thank you all for your ideas. They're great!

:thumbup:

QM
    I agree with Justwannaquilt's suggestion....that is if you do anythingat all. A friend at my LQS would say, "You meant it to be that way, right?"

Look at this....This is an idea like what Kiki was saying. Here's a visual: http://www.filminthefridge.com/2011/...llsorts-quilt/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2