Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
New Heart Flowers Ready for Spring >

New Heart Flowers Ready for Spring

New Heart Flowers Ready for Spring

Old 03-14-2010, 09:35 PM

They are darling :D
Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Marsye, hope it's OK to ask on this page if the kits you sell on eBay & Etsy, if the pieces (bears, horses, flowers, etc) are zigzagged/stitched around the borders onto the background, or guessing adhered someway? I can't get the pic large enough to see. Your prices seem low IMHO. How do you cut all those pieces by hand? Do you cut multiples of each leaf/petal, etc? Again IMHO, you have a lot of fabrics/colors/etc in those & it has to be pricey. Do you make money, or are you barely breaking even? I think if I were you I'd look around on eBay & other sites to see what other people are selling similar items for. Stay current on what your competition sells for or you will be taking a loss.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:11 AM

The flowers are adorable! I love the bright colors - and tend to make brighter quilts myself. I'm sure this quilt will be just lovely.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:32 AM

Not too bright at all! I love them!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Marsye, hope it's OK to ask on this page if the kits you sell on eBay & Etsy, if the pieces (bears, horses, flowers, etc) are zigzagged/stitched around the borders onto the background, or guessing adhered someway? I can't get the pic large enough to see. Your prices seem low IMHO. How do you cut all those pieces by hand? Do you cut multiples of each leaf/petal, etc? Again IMHO, you have a lot of fabrics/colors/etc in those & it has to be pricey. Do you make money, or are you barely breaking even? I think if I were you I'd look around on eBay & other sites to see what other people are selling similar items for. Stay current on what your competition sells for or you will be taking a loss.
Good morning Mother :lol: Since you asked maybe its ok to answer here. The pieces are fused with Wonder Under ready for the buyer to finish as they desire. Each and every tiny piece is cut by hand. My mother is retired and lives next door. She loves cutting for me and she does a great job. My husband is disabled/retired and also helps me alot. I couldn't do it without them. As far as making alot of money? NO! But I have always believed that its best to move things fast at a small profit that have things sitting gathering dust for a little bit more profit. Now I stay very very busy and if I wanted to I could hire a few people, rent a building and open a small business (I love the designing and could sit back and do just that) ....maybe turn into something huge someday BUT I am the type that has to do and see the final pieces myself before they are shipped therefore I'll leave things the way they are. Alot of people that buy from me can't afford alot like me so its good for them but I also have sold huge orders to businesses that buy for resale so its good for them as well. I don't plan to get rich at what I'm doing just as long as it continues keeping me busy and paying the bills I'm happy because God knows my hubs SS check isn't going to take care of us. Thanks for asking. Didn't mean to write a chapter. :wink:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joeyoz
Good heavens no. They look Springy. I love them. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D
Hey Joeyoz, I love your avatar!!! :thumbup:
Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
NO!! They're perfect!
dittodittoditto...
Old 03-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Banned

Thanks! :oops:
Old 03-17-2010, 04:36 AM
Banned

Your avatar is beautiful Grandma Cindy :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13439.jpe