Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A New Zealand Sewing Room >

A New Zealand Sewing Room

A New Zealand Sewing Room

Old 04-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
great! crazy question? Do you like your sewing machine that high? Are you a tall person.
Actually I'm quite short... only 5'4" in shoes. I find that I hunch over it at normal height, to see what I'm doing, and end up with a killer sore neck and shoulders.
By raising the machine I've stopped hunching over it. I had it sitting on a couple of phone books, which was highly unstable, so my partner made me a little wooden shelf, and it has a drawer to hide bits and pieces in.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:26 PM

I love your room. And, yes, children need to learn to share -- especially if their mother's sanity depends on her having her own sewing room :roll: :roll:

Love the cat appliques!! Where did you get the pattern(s)?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:51 AM

Very, very nice I trying to figure out how all of you gal's who have put pictures of their sewing rooms keep them so clean? Hey! mine never looks that clean I wouldn't let anyone take a picture of it fabric on the daybed. Pieces of fabric on the floor it's well used.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Great room Chicken! It's so bright and has everything you need. Love all your projects, blue and white quilt and kitties, etc. I'll show mine off oneday when I ever get my stash organized.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:21 PM

I love the stash cabinet.. having your own sewing room to me is a godsend.. my friend has to use the dining room and every day its picking stuff up dragging stuff out.. that would make me crazy.. I pray the every quilter everywhere will one day have thier own sewing room:)
Old 04-12-2009, 01:40 PM

It makes life so much easier having your own space. I'm now eyeing up the bigger bedroom and thinking of shifting the kids in here instead! LOL
The benefit of being in a small room though is that I *have* to keep it fairly tidy. So it's forcing me to be more organised and not have too much out at the same time.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I have things like batting and backing fabrics stacked in our bedroom, that saves on room. And my quilting frame has to be set up on the dining room table, but I can live with that! lol
So, it's like my DH says. You've taken up the whole house with your quilting. :lol:

My "sewing" room is 12 x 12, but I have other things going in there as well. The closet houses out of season clothing, WIPs, hopeful projects, batting, Christmas decorations, etc, etc, etc. The armoire houses books, office supplies. Our home files are in there as well as my scrapbooking things. I could never air my pictures to you people. I have only a path to different areas of the room. AND THEN, I have Rubbermaids (holding some of my stash) in our bedroom. [I've read that one's bedroom should not be used for storage. It causes insomnia. It's no wonder I'm an insomniac!] :lol:
Old 04-13-2009, 05:56 AM

my DH complains sometimes....everyroom has either a quilt or one in progress...my chair has its own little pile "to be done"....I don't complain about his garage. LOL
Old 04-13-2009, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
my DH complains sometimes....everyroom has either a quilt or one in progress...my chair has its own little pile "to be done"....I don't complain about his garage. LOL
I hear ya, LindaR. :wink:
Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 AM

I'm lucky.... being a tradesman my partner is a great believer in having the right tools for the job, and having a good workspace.