Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Newbie projects!

Banned
    awesome

dsj

the snowflake pattern on the back of your skirt is cute, good job for being new and nice frame by-the-way!

What an undertaking for a first project - leave it to a quilter to persevere and figure it out - good for you!! It's really nice!!

Outstanding work for a "newbie". No question ~ it turned out wonderful. Enjoy using this Christmas season. Sending good thoughts your way that you finish MIL's gift.

Quote Originally Posted by rivka
    So I finished my first project last week -- a tree skirt. It was some tough going with the piecing, because there were so many curves, but I figured things out, and it looks okay, I think.

I've included pictures of the completed tree skirt (well, mostly completed -- I hadn't quite completed the binding on it at the time the picture was taken, but you can't really see that), and the quilting as seen from the back of the tree skirt.

I've also attached a picture of my work in progress -- it's a Christmas present for my mother-in-law, and I'm really hoping I finish in time!
    May I be your mother-in-law? That quilt is gorgeous. Love your tree skirt too. Your quilting on the tree skirt is so lovely. Love the snowflakes. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    THEY BOTH ARE VERY NICE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2