Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not quilts but PJS for Christmas Presies

Had to put my quilting aside until After Christmas. Money is so tight this yr. So I took advantage of walmart and thier $2.00 and $1.50 a yd material order me a paper pattern for unisex pjs. I have 2 DD and 2DSIL and 5 DGS. So that is 9 pairs of PJs. Only the Girls are getting tops. Still have to make 2 more pjs for the women of DGS. Then some Flannel for my 2yr.old GGS. Since I will see only 1DD and 1GS on Christmas day I still have a few days before my DD that livs in FL. Comes. She will be here the 28 and take them all to FL. So Far this is what I have. Girls are the biege ones. Boys got colors they ask for.
    But I will be so glad to get finished so I can start my next quilt.
    BillsBonBon

Ronnies Family 5 pair
    Name:  Attachment-19226.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  67.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
    Had to put my quilting aside until After Christmas. Money is so tight this yr. So I took advantage of walmart and thier $2.00 and $1.50 a yd material order me a paper pattern for unisex pjs. I have 2 DD and 2DSIL and 5 DGS. So that is 9 pairs of PJs. Only the Girls are getting tops. Still have to make 2 more pjs for the women of DGS. Then some Flannel for my 2yr.old GGS. Since I will see only 1DD and 1GS on Christmas day I still have a few days before my DD that livs in FL. Comes. She will be here the 28 and take them all to FL. So Far this is what I have. Girls are the biege ones. Boys got colors they ask for.
    BillsBonBon
    Connies family 4 pair
    Name:  Attachment-19960.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  76.5 KB

BillsBonBon
    Bed full of pjs
    Name:  Attachment-19996.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  70.7 KB

What cute PJ's!!! That's a great idea! I'm sure that they will all love them!!

Blog Entries
    I made some pj's too! Aren'ttehy great! kids will def use them and they are perfect gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    I made some pj's too! Aren'ttehy great! kids will def use them and they are perfect gifts!

Yep they are the greatest and my youngest one,the ones on the bed anyway is 21 yrs. old GS and the oldest GS is 28 yrs. Now they want me to fix them a pair with the footies. Not this year thou. All 5 of my GS love stuff like that. Now their sons and DD are getting them too,but with some extra santa gifts.
    BillsBonBon

Blog Entries
    Those are awesome!!! They are going to love these!!! :D :D :D

I made some for my DIL who is tall and can't find them long enough. I made tops too because soon she will be breast feeding and she wanted something with buttons and long. With fancy buttons, I think they are cute.

Those are great Bonnie - I'm sure they'll love em! and wear em constantly. Sooo comfy looking!

Blog Entries
    Great Job... they look warm and snuggly :lol:

They are sew cute!!!!!

PJS are always a winner for a christmas gift and yours look great. Besides, giving of our time is much more personal than anything we can buy. Personally, I think we should all approach Christmas as though money is tight. We are giving gifts to only our two grand kids, cooking a big roast for sandwhiches and making some cookies and pies. We plan on playing games and watching Christmas movies. There will probably be a marathon monopoly game. I probably should find some extra monopoly money so the bank will not run out of money. I remember one Christmas during WWII when money must have been really tight. My mother took one of my dolls and made a "whole bunch" of clothes for her while my dad took a wooden box and made a closet where they were hanging. Dad used some of the wooden boxes to make a toy chest. These were painted a dark purple (which only he appreciated), but for whatever reason this is one of the few Christmas times I really remember.

Good job and good idea

Great job and great idea. I use to sew for my kids, when little, I now only make quilts and love it !!!

Blog Entries
    They are wonderful and are sure to be appreciated and used. You did a great job.

Oh I love the pj's. I just made 3 pair for myself reciently.

Love your quilt on the bed too!

I forgot - the quilt on the bed is beautiful also, love the colors.

The are so cute :!: Excellent presents :thumbup: Adopt me please ...

Great gifts, eh? My gang would be so disappointed if they didn't get their yearly pj's.

Those are just darling!

Banned
    Those are sooooooooooo cute....I am sure they will LOve them.....I am making snuggies this year....so far I have made 5.....so that means I have 6 more to make.....
    You did a Great job on those pj's
    Oh By the way I Love that quilt
    bopeep :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by bopeep
    Those are sooooooooooo cute....I am sure they will LOve them.....I am making snuggies this year....so far I have made 5.....so that means I have 6 more to make.....
    You did a Great job on those pj's
    Oh By the way I Love that quilt
    bopeep :thumbup:
    Do you have a pattern for the "snuggies" -- like the ones they advertise on tv?

Your pj's for everyone are wonderful! I did that one year for everyone along with fleece slipper/socks and everyone loved them. Then a couple years ago I did pillow cases for everyone.

I think we are back to the "handmade items are wonderful gifts" era again and am sewwwwwwwww glad.

They'll all be so pleased with their pj's for Christmas and you did great. Your quilt is beautiful!

What a great gift idea. I love those PJ pants. So comfy. Great job on all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast