Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Nouveau Bargello.....Take 2 >

Nouveau Bargello.....Take 2

Nouveau Bargello.....Take 2

Old 08-19-2023, 09:21 AM

Default Nouveau Bargello.....Take 2

Hi All. Another finish for me. I wasn't too happy with the first bargello I did because the rows came out terribly uneven and I had to trim a lot so I thought I'd try again. Attached are pics of "take 2." I was very careful about pressing the seams after watching several videos on how to press seams so the blocks are more accurate. Well, the rows came out a little better, but still had to trim, just not as much. On this one, I decided to try FQM instead of the pattern's suggested quilting. So so job on the FMQ. It was very hard to do because of the very small rows. The ruler foot kept getting caught. Well, anyway, I am happier with the overall outcome, just wish the quilting had come out a little better.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails bargello_2_1.jpg   bargello_2_2.jpg   bargello_2_3.jpg   bargello_2_4.jpg  
Old 08-19-2023, 10:37 AM

Your quilt looks good. There is nothing wrong with your FM.
Old 08-19-2023, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by P-BurgKay View Post
Your quilt looks good. There is nothing wrong with your FM.
Thank you. I guess we are always a little harder on ourselves. This is really only my second attempt at FMQ using the rulers.

Shari
Old 08-19-2023, 02:29 PM

I think this is well done. You do much better then me with your quilting
Old 08-19-2023, 02:55 PM

I like this a lot, and love the mitred borders. Although I can see you used four different fabrics, you chose and balanced them so well that it looks really coordinated and also links them into your bargello centre. Very cool!
Old 08-20-2023, 03:31 AM

Your bargello looks great! One of these days I'll get brave enough to attempt one. Although it's not a bragello, I've just finished a row quilt also...my ends are terribly uneven and will have to be trimmed, turning it into a long narrow quilt..
Old 08-20-2023, 03:40 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. You did a great job on the quilting. I admire anyone who does ruler work!
Old 08-20-2023, 04:01 AM

Gemm - Thank you. I made this from a pack of 6" batiks from Timeless Treasures that I had just sitting in my stash. The binding is also from that same pack, though I committed a cardinal sin in quilting with the backing. It was from a precut poly cotton I purchased at Walmart. It was also only my second attempt at the mitered borders.

QuitlBaer - Thank you. Ruler work to me isn't as easy as all the videos I watched on YouTube make it seem. In my experience, people make things look much easier on them then when you try it yourself.

CJsews - Thank you. I haven't done much FMQ, but now that I have the ruler set I hope to do more.

Lindashipper - Thank you. This came from a Fons and Porter quilt book and was easy to follow. I've looked at doing one before and they look more complicated to do then they are. I know that Jordan's Fabrics (hope this comment doesn't violate any rules) has a free downloadable pattern for a bargello.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:02 AM

Great job. I have never tried a bargello, but one of these days, maybe. Seems like an awful lot of seams to match.
I like the waterfall effect of your colors.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:25 AM

Your quilt is great! And your quilting is, too! I'm just starting with rulers--it is not as easy as it looks! I found this binding video recently, and I like using her method for the corners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onjcpIz4xgo