Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Nov & Dec Memories >

Nov & Dec Memories

Nov & Dec Memories

Old 03-09-2021, 09:32 AM

So many different ideas for making memory projects - thanks for the inspiration. You are very talented and each one is amazing.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:48 AM

Love that you were so creative in your pattern selection and quilting motifs. The bears are wonderful too!
Old 03-09-2021, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

All the quilts are beautiful. My favorites are the three bears. Their faces are so sweet.

You are indeed very talented and skilled.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

What an excellent array of your talents, Great Job !
Old 03-10-2021, 09:16 AM

You have created some very beautiful memories that can be passed down from on generation to the next. Each branch of the family will have some memories. How precious. Each project, bears and quilts are magnificent! Thanks for sharing all of them.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:14 AM

Thank you for the show! I enjoyed seeing your creativity and reading your design process to custom make the memory quilts to each recipient. I can't imagine getting all those quilts done in the span of a few months. Those bears are the cutest I've seen.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:53 AM

I really like your completed projects, especially the bears as I want to make a teddy bear for the husbands Navy days. It would be made from his blue wool pants and jumper top. I'm just kind of afraid to cut into the fabric but after sewing yours, maybe I will attempt it now.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Karamarie View Post
I really like your completed projects, especially the bears as I want to make a teddy bear for the husbands Navy days. It would be made from his blue wool pants and jumper top. I'm just kind of afraid to cut into the fabric but after sewing yours, maybe I will attempt it now.
Karamarie,
I think it would be great to make one out of your husbands navy clothes, would beat hanging in a closet.
I started off by testing the bears in scrap fabric first because I drew the pattern out myself for the approximate size of bear I wanted to make. I wanted to make sure the the proportions on paper actually looked ok in 3D, I adjusted as I went along when i found something I didn't like. They are fun to make and a little out of my wheelhouse but still fun. I would like to eventually get to doing fully jointed bears but for now button joints are as far as I have explored. A friend of mine who used to make jointed bears professionally shared many tips over the years, and youtube helped as well.

Please share a photo if you decide to make one, I would love to see it.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:10 PM

All wonderful projects, but I really love the bears... they are a great idea and one I may use... thank you!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 03-11-2021, 06:39 PM

Lots of nice work! The bears are awesome.!