Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Now this is a hail storm

I sure wouldn't want to be outside when THAT hit! Hope you're all okay!

Blog Entries
    ouch! Ouch~ OUCH!!!

Dee
    Here in SO. East Pa. we had 2 tornados hit us. Hail like baseballs. Damaged cars broke windows out. We wer without electricty for a day. Some won't get theirs until Sunday evening. Strange weather everywhere. This was 10 and 20 miles from us. We had wind and hail about your size. And the downpour of rain. 2 tornados in 1 day.

We had some here in TN that was the size of grapefruits, don't have to tell you how much damage that was. Had some at my house in April at least golf ball size, took the color off the shingles on my roof! Thank the good Lord I wasn't home so no damage to my vehicle but I wonder what the animals thought about the sound!

Glad you're safe, check your roof, I'll be getting a new one next week!

We had some of that here yesterday in southwestern NYS, but fortunately, not quite that big. No damage, other than to the nerves wondering if it would (damage anything else).

Also, no tornadoes, but strong wind that uprooted or broke branches off trees.

Blog Entries
    Last week here in Norfolk/VA Beach area we had softball size hail; that was the largest that I've ever seen. We've had a few hail storms already this year and that is unusual for us.

Blog Entries
    Is this ironic or what! As I come to this post - it began hailing here in northern Missouri - hope it is not a destructive hail as our crops have just come out and we sure don't need hail damage - 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning!

check the shingles on your roof. we had a bad one a couple of years ago & our whole side of town ended up need new shingling because of the damage

You guys have had some awful storms down your way. We had hail similar to yours about a month ago. It didn't look like your usual round white ball, but more like tiny ice cubes clumped together, just like yours. It was really weird. Hope there wasn't too much damage and that all is well now. Auntie B from Saskatchewan ( rhymes with Scratch-N-Win ) Canada

Wow, those are huge! I can't believe this weather by now we're in the 90's where I live but yesterday it rained and is a bit cool for this time of the year.

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by jojosnana
    This is just the strangest weather yet.
    I made a bet that it will snow here "Aiken SC" this Christmas 2011, Just because the weather is so strange

I was caught in a hailstorm a month ago, w. of the Ashley in Charleston, SC. It did extensive damage to my vehicle and was in the shop 2 wks. The hood and roof had to be replaced. The sky turned brown and I thought I would be lifted up in the air , twirled around in my vehicle and put down on another planet. It was like huge rocks coming out of the sky.
    It happened during rush hr at 6pm. We all just sat on the freeway til we could see. Scarey!!!!

I hope you stayed in till it was over. That would of hurt if it hit you on your head.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3