Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Oh man, I'm so excited!!!!(updated pics) >

Oh man, I'm so excited!!!!(updated pics)

Oh man, I'm so excited!!!!(updated pics)

Old 04-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Ty

Melanie,
As WRAEZ said, there are several types of design walls and her explanation was right on target.
I have used a flannel sheet as one, as it held my blocks firmly enough for me to get a good idea of the placement that I wanted. They don't have to be fancy at all, just something to help you look at your blocks from a distant angle to get a better idea of how they'll look in your finished quilt.
Hope this helps.
Ty
Old 04-23-2008, 05:58 AM

Great colors. It's beautiful. Curious! What is the finished mesurement of each square? I want to do something bright like that for my oldest neices' only daughter and have picked up some very bright colors (I've been told she loves it bright) but I am still trying to decide on a pattern. She is 13.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 AM
lin

Wow is that ever pretty Baren!!! All those tiny little pieces :shock: You've got your work cut out for you, but it's sure going to be worth all the work in the end! :thumbup:
Old 04-23-2008, 07:29 AM

Regarding the design wall again..... some people like to use the flannel backing of a plastic table cloth as their portable design wall when they go to retreats or a friend's house to quilt. They can put their blocks or whatever they are working on and then roll up the table cloth and take it home safely without having to put the blocks away and then try to figure out how they had planned their design.

Aren't you glad you asked, :lol:
Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 AM

:D That is amazing.....Just amazing.....great job :lol: :lol: I love it
Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 PM

Awesome!! I can't wait to see this when it is done :D
Old 04-26-2008, 02:08 PM

love the colors. it sure is beautiful.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:48 AM

Very nice Wraez. I love your Squareing frame. I'll have to show that to my husband. Only at the present I am not ion possesion of floor space to accomodate a frame the size of yours :D
Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 AM

Susan S ... I don't have that portable floor design wall, a friend bought one and takes it with her to when she goes to retreats, classes etc and uses it when there is room.

Mine is a 4x8 insulation panel that is on my wall. I covered it with inexpensive (on sale) flannel. It works great, I'd like to add another panel to it so that the end that would come up to my sewing table could be used as a bulletin board.

Temporarily I also have a queen size mattress covered with my new warm & natural, leaning against the wall in my upstairs hall. My dd moved back in with us and we didn't have anywhere safe to put our new guest room mattress (she's using her bed). Gratefully my hall is large and wide and my 'designs' hide the fact that it is a mattress.

we'll be moving into a smaller single story house in the next month or so and I'm not sure where my design wall is going to be, probably won't have the wall space for another panel. But it has an extra bedroom so I won't have the mattress to worry about......gonna miss it as a design wall!

sue