Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OK....I'll admit I have a problem...

Wow! What a beautiful sight!!!

I live in Indiana,I am from Washington State
    Wow! the fabric is great but I am jealous of your organization. It must have taken days.

Sherrie

That is awesome and you won't be at the mercy of the cotton prices going up and up (for a while at least).

Quote Originally Posted by sherrielynn
    Wow! the fabric is great but I am jealous of your organization. It must have taken days.

Sherrie
    Sherrie,
    This has taken me the better part of 2 weeks. It's so hard to be around all that fabric and not sew anything! I still have lots to do, but seeing it now keeps me inspired to keep going.

I do believe that I have seen quilt shops with less fabric, LOL. All I can say is, "what a stash".

Quote Originally Posted by qwkslver
    That is awesome and you won't be at the mercy of the cotton prices going up and up (for a while at least).
    Yep, maybe I'm crazy like a fox!

Blog Entries
    Me too! hope I live to sew all my material.

Blog Entries
    I know it's hard to look at anything BUT the fabric, but did anyone notice the absolutely stunning vine-edging on the shelving in the top photo?

Fixfido, you live in Michigan, which from my initial non-scientific analysis contains the largest number of quiltingboard.com users. If you really are considering having a yard sale, and you had any interest in meeting f2f some of your quiltingboard.com community, you might consider organizing a f2f "swap". Seriously.

And if that's not comfortable for you, and you really do want to thin your collection, I'm sure a number of us would be interested in purchasing some of it if you're willing to ship it out. Do please consider the classified board here.

-- Jillaine
    (unfortunately, too far away in the Wash DC area)

Wow! It 's like going to a st ore. Love all the beautiful fabric.

Loved the way you organized. You should see mine. On second thought, probably not.

What a stash!!! drool!!!!!

yup...you do...but what a colorful "problem"

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine
    I know it's hard to look at anything BUT the fabric, but did anyone notice the absolutely stunning vine-edging on the shelving in the top photo?

Fixfido, you live in Michigan, which from my initial non-scientific analysis contains the largest number of quiltingboard.com users. If you really are considering having a yard sale, and you had any interest in meeting f2f some of your quiltingboard.com community, you might consider organizing a f2f "swap". Seriously.

And if that's not comfortable for you, and you really do want to thin your collection, I'm sure a number of us would be interested in purchasing some of it if you're willing to ship it out. Do please consider the classified board here.

-- Jillaine
    (unfortunately, too far away in the Wash DC area)
    Thanks for the input, Jillaine. I'll be listing things weekly for a while....starting tomorrow, I hope.

I can be very understand about all that fabric. I have the same problem. I have been collecting for years and I just can't pass up a bargain and I always need more. The old saying comes to mind. The one who dies with the most fabric wins. haha.
    Have a Blessed day and the room looks great
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    (I would have sent this via PM, but PM doesn't support file attachments... and I don't know if fixfido reads the classifieds/trades board; besides, perhaps others have this as well?)

Fixfido,

I couldn't help but notice in your stash a fabric I'm seeking!! (Who else did?)

I'm trying to finish a UFO; the top is finished (I think; I may add a border or two); I'm seeking backing; I recently purchased something from fabric.com but it's too thin for a backing and the colors aren't quite right.

I've attached a snapshot of one of your shelves, highlighting the fabric I noticed that looks like one of the rose prints I'm using. I also attach a shot of the floral fabrics I'm using (see far left; is that the same as what you have?) and the quilt I'm trying to finish.

Some here will recognize it as the "lone star gone wrong" that has been discussed elsewhere.

I am considering a pieced back (but not yet sure what I want to do). This is a gift that was supposed to have been given years ago. I started it 3-4 years ago; I set it aside when I realized I had a problem; gal288 helped me fix it.

Anyway, what do you think? Can I help you thin your collection and you help me finish this "lone-star gone wrong and gone-on-too-long" quilt?

-- Jillaine

Fixfido's stash that may contain "my" sought roses
    Name:  Attachment-175638.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  45.6 KB

Jillaine's Roses
    Name:  Attachment-175639.jpe
Size:  41.1 KB

The "fixed" Lonestar seeking backing fabric
    Name:  Attachment-175640.jpe
Size:  40.5 KB

Blog Entries
    I love the pastel baskets. Makes your stash even prettier!

Blog Entries
    Oh what a great stash - wish I had it. Great job orginizing.

Quote Originally Posted by fixfido
    At one point in trying to organize all of this, I was literally up to my shoulders in fabric. My cup runneth way the heck over!!!
    Oh that I should have this problem!

I'm with CJmomma, drooling!

yummy, yummy

oh...you have given me some ideas!!!

Gorgeous stash.

I love the way you organized your stash.
    It's like being in a candy store! :thumbup:

Mee too and love those little baskets wow such a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine
    (I would have sent this via PM, but PM doesn't support file attachments... and I don't know if fixfido reads the classifieds/trades board; besides, perhaps others have this as well?)

Fixfido,

I couldn't help but notice in your stash a fabric I'm seeking!! (Who else did?)

I'm trying to finish a UFO; the top is finished (I think; I may add a border or two); I'm seeking backing; I recently purchased something from fabric.com but it's too thin for a backing and the colors aren't quite right.

I've attached a snapshot of one of your shelves, highlighting the fabric I noticed that looks like one of the rose prints I'm using. I also attach a shot of the floral fabrics I'm using (see far left; is that the same as what you have?) and the quilt I'm trying to finish.

Some here will recognize it as the "lone star gone wrong" that has been discussed elsewhere.

I am considering a pieced back (but not yet sure what I want to do). This is a gift that was supposed to have been given years ago. I started it 3-4 years ago; I set it aside when I realized I had a problem; gal288 helped me fix it.

Anyway, what do you think? Can I help you thin your collection and you help me finish this "lone-star gone wrong and gone-on-too-long" quilt?

-- Jillaine
    I'm so sorry, Jillaine, but I do not have the fabric you pictured though it does look like it from a distance. Wish I could have helped!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast