Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Okay Guys Lets Show The Ladies Some of Our Quilts!!!! >

Okay Guys Lets Show The Ladies Some of Our Quilts!!!!

Okay Guys Lets Show The Ladies Some of Our Quilts!!!!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

Great job Guys!!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by rdupuis
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I have just gone back all the pages and WOW these quilts are awesome.

Tonight I have tried three times to quilt on my Brother Innovis 1200 and three times I have unpicked it, stitches uneven etc and then it actually stuck and made a knot.

Have you any pointers, do you fold it a certain way. this quilt is 69 x 79 and I am fighting with it.

Elle
pin or baste every 4" all over quilt. I have just prepaired one yesterday. Then push your quilt under the machine are to the middle of it. Crunck the quilt tight against the machine under the arm. Smooth flat an area, like making a nest in the place created by the nest shape that you will be working space. when you complete that area , move eith up or down and repeat the what you have just done. Work always from center out and as you get more done it gets easer toward the borders. I hope that you will be able to understand what I tried to tell you. Let me know it it was not easier then trying to fold or roll up the quilt.
Dick
Hi there and thank you so much for taking the time to explain your method of quilting. I tried so hard to get the method to work, I have to admit I rolled the quilt, but my machine did not want to know. Anyway it was a time back when I asked this question and I ended up doing it by hand. It paid off because I got a special mention by the Quilters Association in Spain.
Thanks for your help and I will certain try this method the next time. Elle
Old 11-11-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by rdupuis
I have just gone back all the pages and WOW these quilts are awesome.

Tonight I have tried three times to quilt on my Brother Innovis 1200 and three times I have unpicked it, stitches uneven etc and then it actually stuck and made a knot.

Have you any pointers, do you fold it a certain way. this quilt is 69 x 79 and I am fighting with it.

Elle
pin or baste every 4" all over quilt. I have just prepaired one yesterday. Then push your quilt under the machine are to the middle of it. Crunck the quilt tight against the machine under the arm. Smooth flat an area, like making a nest in the place created by the nest shape that you will be working space. when you complete that area , move eith up or down and repeat the what you have just done. Work always from center out and as you get more done it gets easer toward the borders. I hope that you will be able to understand what I tried to tell you. Let me know it it was not easier then trying to fold or roll up the quilt.
Dick
Hi there and thank you so much for taking the time to explain your method of quilting. I tried so hard to get the method to work, I have to admit I rolled the quilt, but my machine did not want to know. Anyway it was a time back when I asked this question and I ended up doing it by hand. It paid off because I got a special mention by the Quilters Association in Spain.
Thanks for your help and I will certain try this method the next time. Elle
Please let me know when you try your next quilt how it worked out for you.
Dick
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 AM

Well it will be a while because I am doing the Dear Jane quilt and am doing the Quilt as You Go method as its a huge quilt. I have just 40 more blocks to do Halleluja, its been a long journey but so so worth it. Very addictive and I have learned so much in the process.
Thanks again
Old 11-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Dick, your quilts are gorgeous! How many years have you been quilting? Wish I was as good as you guys.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:13 AM

Well it will be a while because I am doing the Dear Jane quilt and am doing the Quilt as You Go method as its a huge quilt. I have just 40 more blocks to do Halleluja, its been a long journey but so so worth it. Very addictive and I have learned so much in the process.
Thanks again
I am interested in Dear Jane, can you share info. with me and please post some snaps of thar you are doing
Dick
Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 AM

Hi Dick, the Dear Jane is on this board. We started it as a virtual quilt programme and 80 of us started it but we have around 15 still doing it, one lady finished it in 7 months and 22 days AMAZING. On the search button if you put in "Jane Stickle Week 1" our Schedule of different weeks will come up with all the beautiful blocks that have been done in that particular week. We are all working to the same schedule and doing roughly 3 to 4 blocks a week. We are now up to Week 45, so you have a lot of reading ahead of you. Enjoy- please donīt hesitate to ask if I can be of any more assistance
Elle
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
Show offs!!! :lol: :lol:
I AGREE! And they have every right to be.... I have been so impressed!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:35 AM

Nice job I think you did an awesome job. Very pretty quilts..
Old 11-11-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cheryl
Nice job I think you did an awesome job. Very pretty quilts..
Thank you