Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Oklahoma City Quilt show #2

  1. #1
    Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    864

    Smile Oklahoma City Quilt show #2

    now would some one who was part of the show explain the icicle things
    hanging all over up there ...... this is a great show .... this year there
    didnt seem to be as many quilts as in the past ..... it was still a good show
    lots of vendors ..... we had fun shopping .... hope you all enjoy the pics ...
    Attached Images Attached Images






    Crazy Quiltin Robin

  2. #2
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,168
    Blog Entries
    47
    Thanks for sharing.....very different pieces.

  3. #3
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Thanks for sharing!


    My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sew N Tune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    619
    There are some beautiful pieces of fabric art there. Thanks for sharing.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

  5. #5
    Super Member grammysharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Monmouth, Oregon
    Posts
    5,841
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow, love the art quilts!! So different and exciting!!!
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

  6. #6
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,193
    probably a theme challenge. Some really cool quilts there!
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

  7. #7
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,481
    Thanks for sharing.

  8. #8
    Super Member MaryMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    6,483
    love the art quilts ... Are there other quilt shows that specialize in art quilts? Thanks for the pictures and question about the icicles. They're uniquely beautiful too.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,916
    thanks for sharing. love the cat

  10. #10
    Super Member Maria C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,851
    OMG - that one with the paisley quilting is outstanding!!!!
    Home is where the heart is, and a few scrappy quilts.

  11. #11
    Senior Member lee_stitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    352
    Gayle, I just noticed under your signature that you have a granddaughter Naomi Grace. I also have a granddaughter named Naomi Grace and she was born Jan. 13 and is now 7 years old. She has brought me so much joy.

  12. #12
    Super Member DogHouseMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Knot Merrill, Southern Indiana
    Posts
    5,713
    Thanks for posting the pics! I wasn't at the show but may be able to answer the question about the icycle things. They might be the same ones (or some of the same ones) that were hanging in the lobby at one of the big quilt shows last yet. I think I recognize some of them, so they are probably on a traveling show now. I remember reading an article about it - they were commissioned for that show, and made by several different quilters. Will see if I can find the article I was reading .....

    Here's a blog about it, but this wasn't the article I was reading. The one I read was more in-depth.
    http://joiedvie.com/2011/01/road-to-...ia-quilt-show/

    Still not the article I was reading, but if you go to page 2, top right - you'll see that the exhibit from the Road to California show is indeed a traveling show as it is at the Nebraska quilt show as well.
    http://qscexpos.com/pdf/LINCOLN-program.pdf
    Last edited by DogHouseMom; 01-17-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

    Sue

  13. #13
    Super Member TexasSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kilgore Tx
    Posts
    1,838
    We really enjoyed the show, but I did not understand them either.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

  14. #14
    Super Member ThayerRags's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Frederick, OK
    Posts
    2,050
    I worked our little shop while my wife went to the show with a Suburban-load of friends for a “girl’s day out”. She said they all had a blast and loved seeing the quilts! It was the first time that she’d been able to attend it. She even bought some fabric for her home stash from one of the Vendors there. This is a lady that has her OWN fabric store, so, I guess there’s really no such thing as “too much fabric”.

    CD in Oklahoma
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

  15. #15
    Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics! I wasn't at the show but may be able to answer the question about the icycle things. They might be the same ones (or some of the same ones) that were hanging in the lobby at one of the big quilt shows last yet. I think I recognize some of them, so they are probably on a traveling show now. I remember reading an article about it - they were commissioned for that show, and made by several different quilters. Will see if I can find the article I was reading .....

    Here's a blog about it, but this wasn't the article I was reading. The one I read was more in-depth.
    http://joiedvie.com/2011/01/road-to-...ia-quilt-show/

    Still not the article I was reading, but if you go to page 2, top right - you'll see that the exhibit from the Road to California show is indeed a traveling show as it is at the Nebraska quilt show as well.
    http://qscexpos.com/pdf/LINCOLN-program.pdf
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO ..... THERE WERE 6 OF USAND NONE OF US SAW ANY EXPLANIATION OF THE ICICLES...... THE ARTICLES ARE REALLY GOOD ..... THANKS AGAIN DogHouseMom
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

  16. #16
    Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
    I worked our little shop while my wife went to the show with a Suburban-load of friends for a “girl’s day out”. She said they all had a blast and loved seeing the quilts! It was the first time that she’d been able to attend it. She even bought some fabric for her home stash from one of the Vendors there. This is a lady that has her OWN fabric store, so, I guess there’s really no such thing as “too much fabric”.

    CD in Oklahoma
    hey ThayerRags, good to see you here ..... that little hand crank singer I got from you last year is awesome ....
    we need to make a road trip to see you again .... I have something that needs your attention .... lol ....
    be visiting your shop soon .....
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

  17. #17
    Super Member ThayerRags's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Frederick, OK
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    ...we need to make a road trip to see you again .... I have something that needs your attention .... lol .... be visiting your shop soon .....
    Hi Robin,

    Road Trips are good! We’re looking forward to seeing you again, and hope to be of help to you. Come on over when you can. I’m not in the shop full-time, but my wife can usually find me when she needs me.

    CD
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

  18. #18
    Super Member Blinkokr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Deltona, Florida
    Posts
    7,091
    Thank you for sharing
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

  19. #19
    Super Member snownannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Clovis, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,322
    Really like the icycle with the face! That was a really neat idea.
    Snownannie
    Snownannie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.