Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
One Block Wonder >

One Block Wonder

One Block Wonder

Old 03-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: No way will we ever tell you to Stop posting these K...they are tooo gorgeous!

And, let us know your new baby's name...whew..glad to find out its a she... :lol:
Old 03-05-2010, 01:01 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Well I can't think of anything namewise so am open to suggestions... Keep it clean, ladies! LOL
Old 03-05-2010, 01:22 AM

Oooh, another gorgeous OBW :thumbup: :thumbup: I love it!!
Old 03-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

OH K....you HAVE to name her yourself....its kinda like having a pet though. You might have to spend some more time with her before she tells you her name.

I have Bernadette and Sally.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:19 AM

That is Stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! What does FMQ stand for? There are sooo many abbreviations on this site that I have no idea what they mean. Great Job! Are those quilts very hard to make? Is it a Kaleidoscope or what? Duh!!! I don't know alot.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
That is Stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! What does FMQ stand for? There are sooo many abbreviations on this site that I have no idea what they mean. Great Job! Are those quilts very hard to make? Is it a Kaleidoscope or what? Duh!!! I don't know alot.
FMQ= free motion quilting
OBW= One Block Wonder This block is made from a printed fabric. You cut the repeats apart, stack on top of each other exactly, cut into strips, then cut 60 degree triangles from the strips, making equalateral triangles. Each triangle is an exact copy of all the others in that stack, so when you sew them together they make a pattern like you'd see in a kaleidoscope. The process goes very fast, since each block is really made from 5 seams to make the block. The part that takes more time is figuring out your arrangement, before sewing your half hexagons together to make the top. See "One Block Wonders" by Maxine Rosenthal. Also "One Block Wonders Encore" by Maxine and Joy Pelzmann. They have another book coming out in April with more cubes in it.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:36 AM
rb.

k3n, very nice. It's really funny, I bought the exact same fabric for my first OBW...which I've yet to have time to begin. :cry: Thank you for giving me a sneek peek at what I could end up with. :thumbup:
Old 03-05-2010, 07:02 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rb.
k3n, very nice. It's really funny, I bought the exact same fabric for my first OBW...which I've yet to have time to begin. :cry: Thank you for giving me a sneek peek at what I could end up with. :thumbup:
Oh do it quick and post - it will be such fun to see two versions with the same fabric! :-D

I've actually got 4 repeats left over and am thinking of doing a 4 patch version with right angle triangles too!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM

nice
Old 03-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by rb.
Oh do it quick and post - it will be such fun to see two versions with the same fabric! :-D

I've actually got 4 repeats left over and am thinking of doing a 4 patch version with right angle triangles too!
k3n and rb: I too have yardage of this same print! But I also have another chunk that's the same print and colors but enlarged so the flowers are 9 - 11" across! I originally bought it, to make placemats, but don't know now if I'll do that. Perhaps another OBW is in the making...