Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
One Down - a Bazillion to Go >

One Down - a Bazillion to Go

One Down - a Bazillion to Go

Old 12-13-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Personally, I don't like the colors. Sorry. Just my personal preference so don't shoot me. lol. But I do like the design and you have nice workmanship.
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

These are words we all live by here on the quiltingboard.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 PM

You sure got the cute factor all stitched up there! Way to go! I love how bright and cheery it is. Just like the holiday! :D
Old 12-17-2007, 11:53 AM

OMG!!!!

IF I HAD KNOWN YOU HAD THOSE I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEM FROM YOU!

MY MOTHER MADE THOSE INTO ORNAMENTS FOR OUR CHRISTMAS TREE WHEN I WAS ABOUT 5. SO, 29 YEARS AGO. EXACT SAME ONES.

I AM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN GET A PICTURE OF MY TREE WITH THEM UP CLOSE AND POST.

YES, I PUT THEM ON MY TREE EVERY YEAR. THE KIDS LOVE THAT THEIR NANA MADE THEM AND THAT THEY WERE PASSED FROM OUR FAMILY TREE TO THEIRS.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE. THEY ARE SO OLD, I NEVER DREAMED I WOULD SEE ANYONE ELSE WITH THEM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 PM

Here are the pics of my house all decorated with a close up of the ornaments like Patrice's quilt.

I absolutely love it! Too cute!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52432.jpe   attachment-52433.jpe   attachment-55939.jpe  
Old 12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Personally, I don't like the colors. Sorry. Just my personal preference so don't shoot me. lol. But I do like the design and you have nice workmanship.
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

These are words we all live by here on the quiltingboard.
thanks for the sweet support. but, really, i wasn't offended, disappointed, or hurt in the least. goddess just had her crankypants on that day, i guess. :lol:

besides, i wouldn't want anybody to think i couldn't think of something nice to say whenever i don't post a compliment. truth is, i'd never get anything else done if i said all the great things there are to say about everything you guys post here. and that boss of mine insists i show up at the office once in a while. go figure. :wink:
Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 PM

What I really like are the triangles in the border! It is so unexpected! For some reason it brought a smile to my face! :D
Old 12-18-2007, 03:36 AM
Administrator

you are quite welcome, my dear. i can't believe you can even think of a new quilt at this particular moment in time. you are my hero!!! :lol:
Old 12-18-2007, 10:41 AM

Patrice
What a wonderful gift, from your mom to you, yo your friend! I love the patterns
imak
Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 AM

Patrice:
I have a ton of those little cloth ornaments too. They are tucked away in a drawer in the basement (for about 40 years!) I might have to resurrect them and do what you did and make them into a quilt rather than into ornaments for the tree we NO LONGER put up! Yes, I said no longer put up. We foster kittens and learned a few years ago kittens and Christmas trees don't necessarily mix well. Now we put the tree up outside in front of our picture window and decorate it with silk flower poinsettias and let the kittens "try" to climb the window rather than the tree.

Feathers
Old 12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Administrator

we had a tree one year, plus kitten, plus cat, plus dog

the cat would eat the tinsel. the dog would play with whichever ornaments she could reach. and the kitten had a blast climbing around in it. i rearranged the ornaments so the lower were unbreakables. didn't bother replacing the tinsel, but "enjoyed" the decorated litter box, and eventually got used to that little face or just the shining eyes peaking at me from the branches.

luckily, no animals were hurt in the living or telling of this story so i feel free to laugh at the memory. :P :lol: