Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This one is on it's way to Afganistan >

This one is on it's way to Afganistan

This one is on it's way to Afganistan

Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Real nice quilt
Old 10-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Hopefully the quilt will cheer her up. She must feel just awful and homesick. Love the wuilt.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:17 PM

May your neice serve with pride as her mother will be watching over her. And when her favorite aunt sends her this quilt, she will know that regardless of the distance and beyond, she has a loving and supportive family. May she be safe and under the watch eye of God as He knows that her mom isn't going to to far from her at any given time. I am so proud of her, as any mother of a service person knows, when you cannot reach your child who is in harms way, it's extremely frustating and with you taking care of her is a warm and wonderful thing that you are doing.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Poor kid, am sure this will help her in more ways than one, get her home quick and safe.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:59 PM

That is so wonderful of you to be sending a quilt for her. My son came back from there this last March and i pray for all of the military that are still there and have high regards and respect for all of them (back home and there).
Old 10-15-2010, 07:57 PM

Sherri, if you were like me, I cried every day and night through both of his tours in Iraq. As a flight medic and then as a combat truma medic that traveled with the convoys. And my heart ache's for Lori's neice to be where she is now and the loss she's feeling at the same time. I know this quilt will mean so much to her. I think we all need to continue to pray or whatever it is that is comfortable for you, that these men and women will come home as safe and as soon as possible. Please tell your son that bluestarmom is so very proud of him for his contribution to the United States of American and I will keep him in my heart as he re entries this side of sand..don't even have to know his name.. He knows who I am sending prayers for.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
Sherri, if you were like me, I cried every day and night through both of his tours in Iraq. As a flight medic and then as a combat truma medic that traveled with the convoys. And my heart ache's for Lori's neice to be where she is now and the loss she's feeling at the same time. I know this quilt will mean so much to her. I think we all need to continue to pray or whatever it is that is comfortable for you, that these men and women will come home as safe and as soon as possible. Please tell your son that bluestarmom is so very proud of him for his contribution to the United States of American and I will keep him in my heart as he re entries this side of sand..don't even have to know his name.. He knows who I am sending prayers for.
Thank you very much Blue :)